INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help needed for INDI client development

• Thank you received: 27
hi!
i wrote a little client that reads images from cameras using INDI - and as i want to refine this a little bit, I have a few questions:
- where can i find driver specific properties that go beyond the standard ones from indilib.org/develop/developer-manual/101...dard-properties.html?
for instance: i can get 8 or 16 bit data from ZWO cameras, but how can i set the bit depth in the code? (i assume it is a switch, but what are the properties?)

- and: how can i get more details on the way the raw data are represented aside from using fitsio to analyze the incoming data blob?

yours wolfi
4 years 3 months ago #47980

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

hi!
well, let me specify my question:
- where can i find documentation about the parameters to be sent for, for instance, setting a ZWO 120MM from 16 bit to 8 bit mode and so on?
yours wolfi
4 years 3 months ago #48134

use indi_getprop to see the list of properties available and then indi_setprop to set them. The video mode are switches, so it's a matter of selecting the right switch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfgang Birkfellner
4 years 3 months ago #48149

hi jaseem!

well - that is a cool command line tool, but how do it set it from C++? of course via switches, but my problem is that i don't find the documentation which switches are available, which range of values (for instance for gain of the camera) is available and so on in my client. maybe i am stuck in a total rut :D
yours wolfi
4 years 2 months ago #48162

• Thank you received: 9
You can take a look at the tools directory in the INDI repository:

github.com/indilib/indi/blob/master/tools/getINDIproperty.c
github.com/indilib/indi/blob/master/tools/setINDIproperty.c

These are C files but it shouldn't be too difficult to use them in C++.
4 years 2 months ago #48201

For C++, you'd just use INDI Client API . You can check the INDI Client Tutorial as well for an example.
4 years 2 months ago #48210

hi!
as said before, I may be stuck in a mental rut ... i have of course worked my way through the client tutorial, i can set a gain (but i cannot find out if the camera has a gain, and if it has gain, i cannot find out about the permitted range), i can get the basic image parameters via CCD_INFO, i can receive and decode a BLOB ... but i don't understnad how to get driver specific details. in other words - how can i find out about non standard properties that are not supported by every driver (like CCD_INFO, CCD_CFA and so on), but about things like the setting sin v4L2 control (if i connect, for instance, a webcam)?
yours wolfi
4 years 2 months ago #48211

hi!
just to close the topic - yes, i was stuck in a total rut. i did not understand that properties can be dynamically attached ... sorry for molesting you guys ...
yours wolfi
4 years 1 month ago #50245

Time to create page: 0.909 seconds