INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Custom CCD Drivers Stopped Working in Latest Version of Kstars / Ekos

• Thank you received: 0
I developed two new CCD camera drivers based on the Generic CCD example and got both of them working fine with the version of KStars and Ekos that I downloaded in November (2019). I just updated KStars to version 3.3.9 and now my drivers no longer work. I am using Ubuntu 18.04.3 (Ubuntu Mate) on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. The drivers show up in the selection list, but will no longer Connect & Disconnect. They can also be started with INDI Server and all indications are that they are working fine, but applications like PHD2 cannot connect to the cameras. I have created a persistent USB name for each of these and can verify that the name is listed in /dev/. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, related - I could not find how to back up to a previous version of KStars. Are the older versions for Ubuntu located somewhere that I can access them and verify that my problem is from loading the new version only?

Thanks,
Doug
4 years 2 months ago #47982

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

After further investigation, I have also determined that the supplied example Generic CCD driver no longer Connects and Disconnects in Ekos. I believe this worked with version 3.3.7, but no longer functions with version 3.3.9 of Kstars. Given that the same issue is occurring when trying to start INDI Server and then use PHD2, I am wondering if the problem is in the change from INDI Library 1.8.2 to 1.8.3. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug
4 years 2 months ago #47984

• Thank you received: 226
I use a custom driver for my focuser. Sometimes I have to recompile it after kstars/indilib is updated.
4 years 2 months ago #48000

Thanks for the input. I did try recompiling the drivers, but it did not help.

Just by dumb luck, I found something that fixed the problem. Redoing the process shown in 'Building INDI Tutorials' under Develop => Tutorials on the INDI web page to build and install the tutorials fixed the problem. (Somehow) The Generic CCD example and my drivers now work again. I would like to understand it, but I am glad it is working now. I am going to be reluctant to upgrade again in the future.
4 years 2 months ago #48001

• Thank you received: 226
Always make a backup image or a working setup before updating.
4 years 2 months ago #48013

• Thank you received: 42
Take a look at the end of indilib.org/forum/general/6232-update-crashing.html#47821 to see if your library directory shows similar situation. Not sure what that directory is on Ubuntu.
/Tom
4 years 2 months ago #48047

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds