INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New Pentax Driver Testing

• Thank you received: 6
K-70 in manual mode
PTP: I can change shutter speed, ISO, aperture etc. (perfect!)
MSC: I can change shutter speed and aperture (MSC states ISO cannot be changed on certain models).

But, the picture taken is not downloaded, EKOS states "downloading" forever.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Keld Henningsen.
3 years 2 months ago #65785

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Ralph on topic New Pentax Driver Testing

I think you have to avoid ptp mode while using the K70.

I sold my K70 a few weeks ago, but the last time in used KStars downloading worked for me while in mft mode. Did you reset the driver after switching from ptp to mft?
3 years 2 months ago #65787

• Thank you received: 1
Just wanted to say many thanks for this!

I actually found out about the project through the PentaxForums site which pointed me over here and to the Github repo: github.com/karlrees/indi-3rdparty/blob/m...ndi-pentax/README.md

To start with the driver works for the K1 mkII in both PTP and MSC modes which is fantastic... though playing around I managed to crash my camera in PTP mode and had to remove the battery to unlock it as it wouldn't even power off.

Since then I performed an update on my system and everything seems to be much more stable. :)

I run Arch Linux as an FYI.....

Quick question: is the Live Video function supported?? The only thing I managed to get is a black screen, recording also doesn't seem to work as the file size is 0.

Probably not the place to ask but as a beginner with KStars and indilib I would like to know if Live View is the same thing as Live Video? Or is it referring to the Live View within the camera? I have heard it mentioned many times in my reading on the forum but got confused.

Thanks.
2 years 7 months ago #74462

Time to create page: 0.949 seconds