INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Writing driver for guiding eq platform.

• Thank you received: 0
Hello!

To my situation: I have never used any 'real' telescope mounts before and have no experience connecting them to a computer to autoguide or something like this.
I have a homemade eq platform, that is working well, but I do want to enhance it by an autoguiding feature, since it would increase the tracking accuracy
and a good training in programming (INDI-)drivers.
The platform is controlled by an AVR microcontroller and is connected via serial bluetooth to the Linux machine.

I have set up a new project as described in the developer manual and I'm ready to implement the features.

My question is: When i launch the indi_simulator_telescope driver using indiserver, I can select the 'Telescope Simulator' driver under the mount tab in PHD2 and connect to it.
But when I launch the example two driver (or my empty driver project), which is a simple telescope driver, I can connect to the indi server, but cannot connect to the driver, since no driver is listed in the mount tab of PHD2.

Which property(?) or statement in the C++ code is telling PHD2 that this driver is a valid mount, that it can connect to?

Thank you for your help.
4 years 2 months ago #49403

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds