INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Writing driver for eq platform

• Thank you received: 0
Hello!

To my situation: I have never used any 'real' telescope mounts before and have no experience connecting them to a computer to autoguide or something like this.
I have a homemade eq platform, that is working well, but I do want to enhance it by an autoguiding feature, since it would increase the tracking accuracy
and a good training in programming (INDI-)drivers.
The platform is controlled by an AVR microcontroller and is connected via serial bluetooth to the Linux machine.

I have set up a new project as described in the developer manual and I'm ready to implement the features.

My question is: When i launch the indi_simulator_telescope driver using indiserver, I can select the 'Telescope Simulator' driver under the mount tab in PHD2 and connect to it.
But when I launch the example two driver (or my empty driver project), which is a simple telescope driver, I can connect to the indi server, but cannot connect to the driver, since no driver is listed in the mount tab of PHD2.

Which property(?) or statement in the C++ code is telling PHD2 that this driver is a valid mount, that it can connect to?

Thank you for your help.
4 years 1 month ago #49404

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why don't you start with the simulator code and they slow adjust that with your requirements? Your driver is probably missing some property or the driver interface.
4 years 1 month ago #49418

Starting with the simulator code would be an option, but I think I learn more if I try to "start from scratch".

Yes, you were right, the driver interface wasn't set up right. Now the driver shows up in PHD2.

After that, I couldn't establish a connection because of 'not capable of getting side of pier', but by comparing with the code of the simulator, I was able to solve that issue.
Now it connects just fine.
4 years 1 month ago #49430

Turns out, I was wrong.
I accidentally launched the simulator driver and could connect to the driver in PHD2, but my new one is showing up, but times out when I try to connect to it.
4 years 1 month ago #49460

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds