INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Connecting modified EQMOD to PHD2

• Thank you received: 0
Hi

Thank you for this group. It has been really informative towards my DIY star tracking project.

I have been working on implementing an EQMOD compliant controller for EQ5 mount. It is similar to AstroEQ, but I rather have everything wireless, so that communication is done over WiFi with the controller being an FPGA controlling two DRV8825s. It seems to be working well at the moment kstars. I added some extra info at the end of the message if that helps answer some part of the questions I am about to ask.

1. Connecting to PHD2:
as I mentioned, it works well with kstars. In PHD2, when i go into the settings page of EQMOUNT on localhost/PC (Guide>Connect Equipment>Mount Setup>INDI>Main Control>Connect), I am able to connect to the device and also control it. However, when I press connect from the main connect page (Guide>Connect Mount>Connect to Mount), it does not connect to anything but shows a connecting to mount scrolling bar. I was wondering if someone can give me a hit as to why it is failing in PHD2 but works fine on kstar. EQMOUNT gets the IP of the FPGA from the environment variable, so the settings on the Device Port should be inconsequential. So I am not sure what to put on Guide>Connect Equipment>Mount Setup>Device Port (I have it set on /dev/NULL - obviously that is not helpful). Any suggestion would be helpful in this regard

Implementation:
The source fort he FPGA DRV8825 controller as well as the software drivers on the onboard ARM core is located in:
github.com/rsarwar87/koheron-sdk/tree/ma...ars_zx3/star-tracker

The client library for communicating with the device is in the /libclient directory. this has all the functional commands and some extra. This is linked to EQMOD, which then substitutes the relevant SkywatcherCommand. For this i forked the eqmod project and added codes to it to enable making the calls. you can grep for _KOHERON or koheron_interface to find the relevant snippets. no changes in the workflow/algorithm of eqmod were made.
github.com/rsarwar87/indi-3rdparty/blob/...eqmod/skywatcher.cpp

Best Regards
Rashed
3 years 10 months ago #55228

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds