INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pyindi-client installation in OSX

• Thank you received: 13
Hi,

I have a couple of small projects for which I was hoping to use INDI, a web-based interface and the pyindi-client, however, the steps to install pyindi-client through pip don't seem to work
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
     command: /Users/mnievas/Software/miniconda/bin/python -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/private/var/folders/vq/2m6tm08x0fj5jpyhkzm4gxww0000gp/T/pip-install-_uyrwhhh/pyindi-client/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/private/var/folders/vq/2m6tm08x0fj5jpyhkzm4gxww0000gp/T/pip-install-_uyrwhhh/pyindi-client/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /private/var/folders/vq/2m6tm08x0fj5jpyhkzm4gxww0000gp/T/pip-install-_uyrwhhh/pyindi-client/pip-egg-info
         cwd: /private/var/folders/vq/2m6tm08x0fj5jpyhkzm4gxww0000gp/T/pip-install-_uyrwhhh/pyindi-client/
    Complete output (3 lines):
    Unable to find libindiclient.a in ['/usr/lib/darwin', '/usr/lib', '/usr/lib64', '/lib', '/lib64', '/usr/local/lib']
    Please specify a path where to find libindiclient.a in the setup.py script
    Exiting
    ----------------------------------------

Since I seem not to have a libindiclient.a, I tried it compiling following this

usermanual.wiki/Pdf/instructionsforPyIndi.979779340/help

That however resulting in cmake complaining about INDI_INCLUDE_DIR INDI_LIBRARIES INDI_DRIVER_LIBRARIES INDI_CLIENT_LIBRARIES and CFITSIO_INCLUDE_DIR not set.

Has anyone gotten any success? Anything I could try?
3 years 6 months ago #60521

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds