INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Current MacOS Build?

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Current MacOS Build?

Good to hear!

Note that you probably didn’t see any updates in the KStars-on-osx script in the last couple of days, but I Made lots of changes in my recipes repo which the script uses.

github.com/rlancaste/craft-blueprints-kde
The following user(s) said Thank You: AirBourn
3 years 5 months ago #63011

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So yes, at the moment, you really need to successfully build it using the script first, before you can use QT Creator or Xcode, the reason for this is that KStars depends on a number of programs that should be internally installed in the app bundle, such as INDI, and without them it won't work very well.

I have been trying to get another REPO up and running for new developers so that they don't have to set up craft and deal with all that stuff. I find it easier to work with. I need to make some updates to it based on Xcode 12 and the new KStars 3.5.0. But you might be interested in looking it over. The main REPO you have been using is necessary to build the main DMGs and get it all built and up and running, but for new developers who just want to make small submissions, installing all the stuff with craft is a lot of work. So my DEV repo could make this easier.

github.com/rlancaste/KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev
The following user(s) said Thank You: AirBourn
3 years 5 months ago #63013

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by AirBourn on topic Current MacOS Build?

The KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev repo looks great - I'll have a go at it!
3 years 5 months ago #63014

Crud - spoke too soon. Just had the exact same behavior. Clicking on the Setup/Summary tab creates an IMMEDIATE crash in QLabel::setPixmap(QPixmap const&) + 20. Crash log attached. KStars/Ekos running for about an hour or so, running a two-job sequence queue and autoguiding.
Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   org.qt-project.QtWidgets      	0x000000010fa1ceb4 QLabel::setPixmap(QPixmap const&) + 20
1                                 	0x000000010d38c54f 0x10cac7000 + 9196879
2   org.qt-project.QtWidgets      	0x000000010f92745c QWidget::event(QEvent*) + 1132
3   org.qt-project.QtWidgets      	0x000000010f9ce18b QFrame::event(QEvent*) + 43
4   org.qt-project.QtCore         	0x000000011065bf71 QCoreApplicationPrivate::sendThroughObjectEventFilters(QObject*, QEvent*) + 241
5   org.qt-project.QtWidgets      	0x000000010f8ed941 QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) + 241
6   org.qt-project.QtWidgets      	0x000000010f8eed75 QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) + 581
7   org.qt-project.QtCore         	0x000000011065bca6 QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) + 166
8   org.qt-project.QtWidgets      	0x000000010f9205de QWidgetPrivate::sendPendingMoveAndResizeEvents(bool, bool) + 270

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars_202...rash.txt
File Size:123 KB
3 years 5 months ago #63015
Attachments:

This sounds like an odd error, do you have a log to show how this happened, what was going on at the time?
3 years 5 months ago #63020

• Thank you received: 420
KStars still crashes when I click Settings -> Startup Wizard (as reported here www.indilib.org/forum/development/7950-k...3-5-0-osx.html#62459). Crash log attached.
3 years 5 months ago #63024
Attachments:

I didn't turn on any specific KStars logs, no. The action that causes the crash is clicking on the Setup/Summary tab in Ekos while running an image sequence. I've seen it several times now. The best I can recall is that this happens when Ekos is running a sequence in the background and I click on the Setup/Summary tab to bring it forward as the active application. If Ekos is the front active application I think I can switch tabs without issue. But, every crash I've seen now terminates in that QLabel::setPixmap(QPixmap const&) and I see a sendPendingMoveAndResizeEvents further up the chain. It's possibly the combination of switching to the Summary tab AND activating the app to bring it forward.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by AirBourn. Reason: Typo
3 years 5 months ago #63040

I have Qt 5.12.3 installed and setup, forked the KStars repo on GitLab, edited build-env.sh with my paths and user, and ran setup.sh -r. Seems your username is stuck deep somewhere (probably in the repo) and I haven't found it yet - and it's causing several CMake errors and the script to fail. Ideas on where?
-- Configuring done
CMake Error in kstars/CMakeLists.txt:
  Imported target "StellarSolver::stellarsolver" includes non-existent path

"/Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/craft-root/include/libstellarsolver"

in its INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES.  Possible reasons include:

* The path was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.

* An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.

* The installation package was faulty and references files it does not
  provide.
Found one: KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/ASTRO-ROOT/lib/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfigVersion.cmake
Another with hard-coded path: KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/ASTRO-ROOT/share/kf5/kdoctools/customization/dtd/kdedbx45.dtd
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by AirBourn.
3 years 5 months ago #63066

Any chance the KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev script will build on a new M1 Chip Mac soon? I tried it, but saw a bunch of link errors:

"ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64"
3 years 1 month ago #68722

So I believe the current build will run on Silicon using Rosetta, but also that a good portion of it should be universal binaries.  Is this correct from what you can see?  My current system is Intel so I don’t know how it looks on the other system.

As for building on a Silicon device, I think that a number of binary files compiled by vendors for drivers would be Intel based.  But this should still work with Rosetta I would think?  Again I don’t know since I don’t have the system.

where were the errors?  With INDI I assume?

3 years 1 month ago #68740

Yes, it seems to run fine with Rosetta, but I'm talking about building from code. It fails with many link errors as noted above. I didn't look into script settings or Xcode config or Qt config or any other deep troubleshooting - wanted to know if the consensus thought I should expect it to build on an M1 machine or not? Doesn't look like it.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by AirBourn.
3 years 1 month ago #68747

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Jerry Black on topic Current MacOS Build?

What is the current status with respect to running on Apple Silicon M1 chip based machines? Rosetta2 or native?
3 years 1 month ago #68761

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds