INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

• Thank you received: 812

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

Jerry, currently your issue appears to be an issue in INDI, which is unrelated to this script. Two of us have already commented on this to get it fixed.

github.com/indilib/indi/commit/048e190f5...e9777ed341842cd12261

You can fix it for yourself temporarily in your source folder, you just need to edit the libindi source file
3 years 4 months ago #63277

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Airbourn,

Does this path not exist on your system? What is the correct path to your SDK?

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework
3 years 4 months ago #63278

• Thank you received: 69

Replied by Jerry Black on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

Thanks Rob. I'll try and track it down.
3 years 4 months ago #63280

You just need to change endian.h to machine/endian.h.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, but until it does, that doesn't stop you from building. Just remember that you might have to clear out or update the source folder later when it does get fixed.
3 years 4 months ago #63281
Attachments:

Success! In spite of it being obvious I don't know what I'm doing.

Before seeing your reply, I ran
~/Projects/KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/scripts/setup.sh -r
but had it remove Homebrew packages and reinstall them
which ran to completion (I didn't check/test KStars.app).

Then I saw your note above about endian.h. and made that change.
~/Projects/KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/scripts/setup.sh
which also ran to completion.
/Volumes/Data_Raid/build/kstars-build/kstars/KStars.app
gives:
Build: 2020-11-23T16:50:56Z

Thanks!
3 years 4 months ago #63283

• Thank you received: 155

Replied by Peter Kennett on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

With the release of 3.5 for OSX yesterday, will there be an update after these issues here are fixed?
3 years 4 months ago #63284

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by AirBourn on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

The path does exist as expected, yes, but curiously I don't have a MacOS11.0.sdk, only a MacOSX10.15.sdk (which is a link to MacOSX.sdk). I guess I would have expected the first build attempt to spark the creation of the new SDK. I'll have to find out how to build the latest for 11.0?
3 years 4 months ago #63287

Hi PK,

I can clarify this for you. These issues we have been discussing are unrelated to the 3.5.0 dmg that I created the other day. They are related to the build scripts that I made that can be used to build KStars on your own system.

The script that was being discussed earlier, kstars-on-osx-craft (github.com/rlancaste/kstars-on-osx-craft), is the one used to actually build everything from scratch using craft as well as making the DMG's. It is working very well right now, except that there are a couple of issues that need to be resolved in craft. I submitted requests to fix those issues. I fixed them on my own system so that I could finish building the DMG, but until they fix the issues that I mentioned it won't build for everyone. I think we are down to just one issue, but until they fix it, it won't work for everyone.

The other script we were discussing more recently KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev (github.com/rlancaste/KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev) is a script I made that is meant to ultimately make things easier for people who just want to build the latest version on their systems, or make development contributions to the code, but don't want to take all the time or hard drive space required to set up a full craft build (several hours and around 100 GB) or deal with the complexities involved. The way that I am making this work is to copy the built libraries and executables from an existing KStars build so that you don't have to build them all again. So ultimately this will be really great I think, for folks who want to help and get the latest version easily for just their own systems, but there are some challenges on my end getting it set up and working and they are helping me sort out the issues with it.

But none of this is related to the posted DMG. It is true that Airbourn reported an odd crash related to the Summary Screen, which led to this discussion about the build script, and once we fix these problems in the build script, he can help us find out what caused the crash on his system. And if we do fix that issue, along with any others, there will probably be an update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett
3 years 4 months ago #63288

Please try this. I just made an update that should address your problem. My thought is that if somebody is running an older version of OS X, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to edit kstars too, so I added an option to edit which SDK you use. Please update and try editing that to match your SDK in build-env.sh
3 years 4 months ago #63289

Good to hear you got it working Jerry! Hopefully that change gets made in INDI soon.
3 years 4 months ago #63290

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by AirBourn on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

I corrected the XCode install so I have the MacOSX11.0.sdk, indicated as such in the build-env.sh. Setup.sh now completes, but is still building the smaller (~256MB) app that crashes on startup. I'm pouring through the script output to see if I can find it. According to the crash report, it appears to be in StellarSolver::createConvFilterFromFWHM(). Jerry - did you try to run the KStars that you build on 11.0?
3 years 4 months ago #63297

I was able to run KStars from my build, but it was just as is created from the. ~/Projects/KStars-INDI-Mac-Dev/scripts/setup.sh -r. I didn't try the Xcode route. I'm still trying to get QT to open the (now KDE GiTLab forked) source code and test from there. I'm having ecm_install issues (which I know nothing about yet).

Cheers
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Jerry Black.
3 years 4 months ago #63298

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds