INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

• Thank you received: 2
Just installed 3.5.0 (11/20/20 build, say pre-release but I guess that's just a typo), and it crashes immediately after I try to add the profile configurations I had before upgrading. It seems all GUI related because the drop-down for profiles doesn't seem like it's working properly.

Thanks,
Hatim
Software:
MacOS 10.15.6
Kstars 3.5.0
Indi library 1.8.6

Equipment:
- RPI3B+
- Losmandy G11
- Stellarvue 80mm F/6 APO
- Atik 383L+
- QHY5II with Orion 50mm guiding scope
- Pegasus focuser
- Flip-Flat
- QHY Polemaster
- Pegasus Ultimate powerbox

3 years 3 months ago #63544

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809

Replied by Rob Lancaster on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

I'm sorry but. I'm not clear on what you mean here? First, what do you mean "add the profile configurations I had before upgrading?" Do you mean the Ekos profiles for your equipment? I am not sure why you have to add those if they were already existing. They should not have been removed? Are you trying to recreate them all? And the second part is not clear either. What do you mean the "drop-down for profiles doesn't seem like it's working properly?" I would like to try to help, or to fix a problem, but I would need know more about what is going on.
3 years 3 months ago #63545

Here's a screenshot of the problems I'm having now. Sorry for the unclear descriptions I gave initially. The weird thing now, is, I reverted back to 3.4.3 and I'm having the same problems. So weird.
Software:
MacOS 10.15.6
Kstars 3.5.0
Indi library 1.8.6

Equipment:
- RPI3B+
- Losmandy G11
- Atik 383L+
- Pegasus focuser
- Flip-Flat
- QHY Polemaster

3 years 3 months ago #63547
Attachments:

That is definitely an odd issue. This doesn’t sound like it is a 1.5.0 issue, but some kind of issue in one of your data files. My suggestion is that we should try to diagnose the problem systematically. Can you try renaming the KStars data directory? It is in ~/Library/Application Support/

KStars will make a new one with new data files. Your old ones would be retained in the renamed folder and you can restore them later. Then you should start up KStars and see if it is fixed. If not, there are other things we can check. If it does fix it, you could copy back on most of your data files.
3 years 3 months ago #63548

Bingo!!! That definitely did the trick. I would not have figured this is out in a million years. Thank you so much!!!!
Software:
MacOS 10.15.6
Kstars 3.5.0
Indi library 1.8.6

Equipment:
- RPI3B+
- Losmandy G11
- Atik 383L+
- Pegasus focuser
- Flip-Flat
- QHY Polemaster

3 years 3 months ago #63553

Now do you know which file was the problem? And can you restore most of your data directory? I assume most of it is fine. Maybe that’s not a great assumption though because we don’t know what happened to the file in the first place. . .
3 years 3 months ago #63554

How would I track down the suspect file? By slowly copying over files from the old data directory to the new one?
Software:
MacOS 10.15.6
Kstars 3.5.0
Indi library 1.8.6

Equipment:
- RPI3B+
- Losmandy G11
- Atik 383L+
- Pegasus focuser
- Flip-Flat
- QHY Polemaster

3 years 3 months ago #63583

Partially yes. I say partially because you can easily rule out a lot of files since you know it is not any of the image files used by KStars for deep sky objects etc.

Also I just took a look in the source code, which can narrow it down a lot more. The user profiles appear to be stored in the file userdb.sqlite. So if I was to bet on it, I would say that is the corrupt file. But that file contains a number of other things too, so you might want to double check before you totally delete it.
3 years 3 months ago #63593

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by AirBourn on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

Hey Rob - this build script has been working fine for me lately, picking up the latest in the repos and generating a useable application. But, I'd really like to have the sounds working. Can you tell me exactly what I have to do to get the sounds to work in my locally built KStars? I tried copying the plugins and other resources into the app bundle, but that didn't work. I don't necessarily want to build it with the sounds, I just want to run it with sounds. Just on my machine. I also tried the DMG creation (the other Craft script), but that still doesn't complete.

What can I do to get the sounds to work on my latest local KStars build?
3 years 3 months ago #63891

Well you could try copying the whole plug-ins directory from the original kstars app bundle to the one you built. I think I tried that when you first asked and it worked. Not the best plan because there could be some differences, but still should work.
3 years 3 months ago #63892

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by AirBourn on topic Kstars 3.5.0 OSx

Tried copying the entire plugin directory from the DMG installer app to the built app bundle - app doesn't even launch, crashes immediately. Is there another option? Copy binaries into the Qt structure?
3 years 3 months ago #63895

Yeah I wasn’t sure if it would work. You have a different qt than me probably.

Yeah, you could try playing with it. There are several items that would need to be copied from the plugins directory. The vlc backend, the phonon files, etc. I haven’t tried it too much as I said.

Right now I’m trying to fix a couple of bugs that were reported after the kstars 3.5.0 Mac release. So I don’t have time to work on this right now to see how it could be done. But maybe after I resolve the issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig, AirBourn
3 years 3 months ago #63898

Time to create page: 0.642 seconds