INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New KStars 3.5.2 DMG to test

• Thank you received: 809
Hey Mac users, I just built a new Mac DMG to test version 3.5.2 before we release it. If you can check to make sure it is all working ok, I would appreciate it. Please let me know about any Mac or Mac build specific issues. Here is a google Drive link to the DMG:

drive.google.com/file/d/1f0o2Cg69UX97t_j...V_P/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Craig, Paul Mogg
3 years 1 month ago #67594

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Third week on a row clouded. But I've tested with simulators and all works as expected. No crashes, no odd behaviour on my standard workflow.
3 years 1 month ago #67619

That is good to hear! I have been busy with a number of other projects since I worked really hard last year on StellarSolver and KStars stuff and I needed to get some other things done in the last couple of months. I haven't been keeping up with all the developments between 3.5.1 and 3.5.2. I am sure there has been lots of great stuff however, I am excited to find out what improved.

One really important item however, is that when I built 3.5.1, I had a couple of broken links in my build directory and that prevented a couple of drivers from getting included and I didn't find out about it until some folks alerted me to the issue. I know it affected ZWO, but I also think it might have affected the ATIK and Starshoot drivers. So a rebuild was really needed, even if we were not going to 3.5.2 now. It would be really helpful if people with those cameras verified that they were fixed. Note that the issue would only have affected people who directly connect ZWO, ATIK or Starshoot cameras to a Mac computer. It would NOT have affected anyone who uses a Raspberry PI with the cameras connected to it, and then uses their Mac to connect remotely like I do.

Thanks for testing!

Rob
3 years 1 month ago #67620

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Rob,

I've a ZWO ASI120MM-S and I've tested it successfully. With 3.5.1 I get a continuos driver reboot, but with the new build (3.5.2), the camera works as expected. I've taken some "indoor" frames to test if the camera is responding to exposure changes.

Regards
3 years 1 month ago #67622
Attachments:

Awesome, thank you!
3 years 1 month ago #67625

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Rob, I have an Orion SSAG and tested it with 3.5.2 , unfortunately I still get the message 2021-02-21T22:01:04 Unable to establish:
+ QHY CCD

I tested to make sure that PHD2 still recognizes it first, which i t does.

Cheers,

Paul
3 years 1 month ago #67630

Does this message print as well? (Possibly before it says "unable to establish")

Please ensure the device is connected and powered on.
3 years 1 month ago #67631

No I didn't see that message, will double check again later. I did check that PHD2 recognized and connected to the SSAG directly prior, so I know the USB connection from my computer was working fine.
3 years 1 month ago #67648

• Thank you received: 420
Rob, thanks very much for this beta. It solves the issues I previously had with my ASI cameras and filter wheel. See

www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/8861-as...y-ekos-on-macos.html

However, I did find one issue. My ASI EFW has 7 slots and only 5 are visible on MacOS:

3 years 1 month ago #67666
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420
Just to add to this: I edited the INDI config file for the filter wheel and added the FILTER_SLOT_NAME_6 and FILTER_SLOT_NAME_7 entries and now the filter wheel is working perfectly OK.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 1 month ago #67669

• Thank you received: 33
Thank you Rob : 3.5.2 works perfectly with ZWO cameras on MacBook Pro.
3 years 1 month ago #67678

I checked again and yes that message does pop up, both as a notification and also in the EKOS window. Thank you.
3 years 1 month ago #67684

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds