INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

NexDome Park before Close

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Everyone,

I have a new NexDome housing an iOptron RC14 OTA. I am concerned that there is not enough mechanical clearance between the telescope and the dome's shutter motor. With some adjustments, I can get the OTA to barely clear the shutter motor when horizontal, and by ensuring a minimum altitude of 20 degrees I can clear the motor with some margin. But I am concerned that the margin would be too little if the dome were parked and closed with the telescope in an arbitrary position.

One solution for me would be to always park the telescope before parking and closing the dome. Is there a way to ensure this within Ekos?

My system uses the NexDome beaver Indilib driver. I see that there is a "park before close" option in the driver parameters, but I presume this is to park the dome in azimuth first, then close the shutter. That is, it does not park the telescope first. Is this correct?

I also intend to use the rain sensor, so I wonder if the parking order is the same when it is triggered as in a normal condition.

Any other solution ideas would be greatly welcomed!
1 year 4 months ago #88909

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Solved. I found the setting under the options tab, mount policy, mount locks.

I’ll test to see what it does with the rain sensor after I install it.
1 year 4 months ago #88933

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds