INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cannot connect to 2m Scopedome / Arduino

• Thank you received: 0
Hello DomeUsers,

my configuration:
RPi4 / 4GB / Astroberry

I am able to connect to arduino box via HTML / 192.168.1.120 Port 80
I am unable to connect to the same box via INDI.
I tried Ethernet and serial / USB

result:
Always no connection ErrorCode 15

Help me please!

Best regards

Frank
Name: Frank Fleischmann
Interests: nature, technics, astronomy, optics, space
Developments: motor control, sensors, networking, radio detectors astronomy, cameras for spacecrafts
Using: 3m Baader dome, 2m ScopDome, GM4000, EQ8, and homebrewed ones, echelle spectrograph and ... INDI
3 years 7 months ago #59422

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please enable log (check my signature) and attach the logs after you turn on Dome logging in Ekos.
3 years 7 months ago #59424

Dear knro,

thank you for your fast reply.
I set all logs to on, but log-directory stay empty.
So I did two screenshots, with all of the interesting windows.
* you can check the connection via browser is working well
* you can verify the setup
* you can read the comments in the info-window
* and last but not least the empty log directory

Best regards

Frank
Developments: motor control, sensors, networking, radio detectors astronomy, cameras for spacecrafts
Using: 3m Baader dome, 2m ScopDome, GM4000, EQ8, and homebrewed ones, echelle spectrograph and ... INDI
3 years 7 months ago #59433
Attachments:

Sorry!
I doublechecked my clicks, and I forgot to activate FILE-Output. Here ist the right log:
[2020-09-05T15:40:17.088 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ScopeDome Dome : "[INFO] Connecting to 192.168.1.120@80 ... "
[2020-09-05T15:40:17.088 CEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ScopeDome Dome : "[DEBUG] Connection successful, attempting handshake... "
[2020-09-05T15:40:17.090 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ScopeDome Dome : "[INFO] Detect! -1 "
[2020-09-05T15:40:17.092 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ScopeDome Dome : "[INFO] write rc: 0 "
[2020-09-05T15:40:17.169 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ScopeDome Dome : "[ERROR] read checksum error, cmd: 15 "
[2020-09-05T15:40:17.171 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ScopeDome Dome : "[INFO] read rc: 103, cmd 84 "
[2020-09-05T15:40:17.171 CEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ScopeDome Dome : "[DEBUG] Handshake failed. "
[2020-09-05T15:40:17.171 CEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos] - "ScopeDome Dome" is disconnected.
[2020-09-05T15:40:17.172 CEST INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos] - "ScopeDome Dome ist nicht verbunden."
3 years 7 months ago #59434

• Thank you received: 30
check your log directories have write permit. I had to chmod mines tp get logs written.
3 years 7 months ago #59477

Dear jabian,

it was a mistake by myself. I haven't checked the radio-button for selection of log-output. Have a look to the log-result above.

ClearSkies

Frank
3 years 7 months ago #59484

• Thank you received: 168
Unfortunately the driver currently only supports the older ScopeDome USB Card v2.1 which I have personally. The protocol has changed totally with the new Arduino card from a binary stream to text based so it would require new code. The driver is in theory structured with this in mind as there are also older versions which differ from the 2.1 too, but it would still need to be written and especially tested as I don't have the new card to work with.
3 years 7 months ago #59544

Dear jpaana,

within the last 3 days I wrote the basic function for accessing and commanding the 2mScopeDome.
I did this via reverse engineering with help of an incompatible command list which I found in a Polish document.

Could this be helpful for programming the new interface driver?

---

Is there a INDI-client available which returns RA, DEC and Pierside of the actual telescope position via port access, stdio or file?
If yes then I could write a small utility which can control the dome by myself.

Best regads

Frank
3 years 7 months ago #59687
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 138
Not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve but there are lots of INDI scope drivers which will return RA, DEC and Pier side.

And the base INDI dome driver, on which a driver for real dome hardware is built, has code to get this data from the scope driver and do the conversion to dome position.
3 years 7 months ago #59691

The command set seems to be fairly well documented in scopedome.com/Doc/ScopeDomeArduinoCard/S...Arduino_Info_5.2.pdf and the commands correspond almost 1:1 to binary commands in the older controller so mapping them should be fairly straight forward. I originally tried to make the base ScopeDome driver generic and leave the communication details to card drivers, but unfortunately some implementation details specific to my own controller are still there so they would have to be abstracted away a bit more. Also there are a lot of features that aren't strictly necessary for basic operation, like sensor reading etc. (and some are still placeholders and actually don't do anything), so just mapping the shutter open/close, rotate dome, abort etc. commands would make it usable.

I'm quite used to reading Google translated Polish as I originally wrote the driver based on the Windows driver source which has comments in Polish, but fortunately variable names etc. were in English :)

In case you are willing to do some beta testing, I could start doing the basic implementation blind and hope for the best.
3 years 7 months ago #59696

I am not skilled in writing INDI-drivers, or INDI-Clients.
But I have to finish a project here at our observatory.
Due to missing documentation by the Polish manufacturer and missing INDI-driver I programmed the basic routines for driving the dome (have a look to the ZIP-File of the last post please).
If there is a client which will send RA, DEC and Pier side periodically, then I can adapt my routines without to write an INDI driver within some minutes.
3 years 7 months ago #59697

You can poll those values from INDI server with indi_getprop command, for example my EQ8 gives:
EQMod Mount.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD.RA=3.0200912594207576234
EQMod Mount.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD.DEC=89.684600000000003206
EQMod Mount.TELESCOPE_PIER_SIDE.PIER_WEST=On
EQMod Mount.TELESCOPE_PIER_SIDE.PIER_EAST=Off
3 years 7 months ago #59698

Time to create page: 0.953 seconds