INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cannot connect to 2m Scopedome / Arduino

• Thank you received: 165
You can poll those values from INDI server with indi_getprop command, for example my EQ8 gives:
EQMod Mount.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD.RA=3.0200912594207576234
EQMod Mount.EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD.DEC=89.684600000000003206
EQMod Mount.TELESCOPE_PIER_SIDE.PIER_WEST=On
EQMod Mount.TELESCOPE_PIER_SIDE.PIER_EAST=Off
3 years 6 months ago #59698

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Dear jpaana,
thank you very much!!!
Next evening I will try to do this.
I will send
indi_getprop
to port 7624
then I hope to get the desired information.
I will t4ransform these data into DomeAzimut and send this value to the dome via my tested shell scripts.
This was the help which is so important.
Best regards
Frank
Name: Frank Fleischmann
Interests: nature, technics, astronomy, optics, space
Developments: motor control, sensors, networking, radio detectors astronomy, cameras for spacecrafts
Using: 3m Baader dome, 2m ScopDome, GM4000, EQ8, and homebrewed ones, echelle spectrograph and ... INDI
3 years 6 months ago #59720

Dear jpaana,

sorry for asking an additional question.
Have a look to the screen copy please:

* I did a test without open dome.
* I started ekos and the INDI server locally.
* Then I set a connection to the INDI server via netcat utility.
* I entered indi_getprop
* nothing happened
* I cut the connection via EKOS button on the right window
* I started the connection via EKOS button on the right window - and got the following result, but no coordinates :-(

What is wrong in my doing?

Best regards

Frank
Developments: motor control, sensors, networking, radio detectors astronomy, cameras for spacecrafts
Using: 3m Baader dome, 2m ScopDome, GM4000, EQ8, and homebrewed ones, echelle spectrograph and ... INDI
3 years 6 months ago #59725
Attachments:

Thank you for the scopedome.com/Doc/ScopeDomeArduinoCard/S...Arduino_Info_5.2.pdf documentation link. I haven't read this but many others.m It seems to be better than the Polish original ;-)
I will accept your offer of doing the basic implementation blind, and I can do BetaTesting for you.
---
And I hope to bridge the time with the indi_getprop command method, if I will find the reason for blocking up to disconnect/connect of the EQ8
3 years 6 months ago #59737

Oh, I meant shell command called indi_getprop which comes with INDI, it would do all the parsing for you and you can also give it just a subset of the properties to return.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Frank Fleischmann
3 years 6 months ago #59787

Dear jpaana,
now it's working. The dome is tracking the telescope.
Unfortunately the shutter controller died :-( But there is a manual emergency button for opening and closing the shutter without software.
Let me send a small astronomical gift to you.
Can I get your postal address for the small parcel please?
Best regards
Frank
3 years 6 months ago #59806

Good to hear about tracking working, sorry about the shutter controller... I'm currently also waiting for a new PCB for my controller, so I know the feeling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Frank Fleischmann
3 years 6 months ago #59815

Got Windows driver source from ScopeDome so I can check some details from there, but the basic operation seems to be quite similar to the old card so should be fairly straight forward. I started the implementation with some restructuring and placeholders copied from old card code. I will probably implement USB connection first as that's simpler, but adding ethernet support after that should be quick. It requires HTTP so I'll probably use curl library for that as it's used by some other INDI drivers as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 6 months ago #60075

Dear jpaana,

curl is workling well.
Have a look to my ZIP some posts above.
Unfortunately commands are not blocking until finishing the job. So you have to check limit switches or something else additionally.

ClearSkies

Frank

PS.: 2 day ago I brought a small parcel to the post office ;-) I hope you like the content.
3 years 6 months ago #60121

It's actually better that they are non-blocking as things like abort wouldn't work very well otherwise. The older USB card works the same way, for example opening the shutter is just turning on a relay and the driver polls input status until the open limit switch triggers and turns the relay off. The hardware also stops the motors automatically when limits are reached. Currently the driver polls status every second by default, I wonder if that's too fast for the HTTP server in the Arduino as the driver source says the device should respond within 1-9s, but we'll see when you get to test it :)

PS: thanks, looking forward to that :)
3 years 6 months ago #60123

I noticed that the Arduino boards hangs up if you send commands too fast. Or if you press CNTRL-C while curl is still running.
Perhaps Arduino is limited to one or two html request(s) at the same time. Or it it not doing right garbage collection if there is a timeout or brake in protocol processing.
3 years 6 months ago #60137

ScopeDome also promised to send me a card to test with next week so that should help a lot in initial bring up. Can't test stuff that requires a dome but at least basic communications and other simple things. Just need to get coding :)
3 years 6 months ago #60151

Time to create page: 1.025 seconds