INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Sky-Watcher AZ-GTi EQ Mode drive for EKOS Stellarmate?

• Thank you received: 2
Hi. I am unable to find a driver for my AZ-GTi mount in EQ mode connected to Stellarmate via an EQMOD USB cable direct from the mount to the computer.
I can control the mount without difficulty with the SynScan Pro app wirelessly. 
However, I would like to use EKOS with Stellarmate.
I can connect to Stellarmate via stellar mate.local and my ZWO cameras, connected via USB to the Stellarmate device (RasperryPI running Stellarmate).
I have tried every choice in the EKOS list for device drivers: AZGTi, SynScan and SynScan Legacy, Skywatcher Adventure, and all the Skywatcher drivers as well as EQMOD driver itself.
None of the drivers allows a connection.
I CAN connect to my iOptron Cub and CEM40 but no matter which driver I choose, I am unable to connect to the AZGTi.
Using my SynScan app and wireless connection, the app is able to give me the choice of AltAz or EQ mode and after choosing EQ mode, I am able to control the mount from the SynScan app.
It seems very strange that given the popularity of the AZ-GTi mount and the numerous posts of using it in EQ mode, there would not be a suitable driver for this in EKOS.
Please help!
Thanks
Steve
2 years 8 months ago #73650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Of course there a driver, I have AZ GTi here and it works fine. Did you follow the documentation? indilib.org/telescopes/skywatcher/az-gti.html
2 years 8 months ago #73654

• Thank you received: 49
I run the Astroberry package with my AZGTI and EQdirect cable. The Ekos mount profile I select is Sky-Watcher EQMOD.
2 years 8 months ago #73673

James. Thanks very much for the quick reply! I have tried several times to get the wireless thing to work and have tried it with both the Hot Spot and the alternate configuration. I have not been successful in either approaches. Regarding the 'preferred' method using the Station Mode, I could connect to the mount with my phone app and then modify the Station mode with the Stellarmate IP of 10.250.250.1 and PW. However, after APPLYING the configuration to the mount, it does not seem to save it correctly in that after that, when I change my phone WiFi to the Stellarmate Wifi address, I cannot access the mount via SynScan on my phone and when I go back again to using the SynScan Wifi and re-connecting with the mount, I CAN connect again but the mount does not seem to save the Station configuration. Also. after again re-setting the mount to Station Mode at the Stellarmate IP and PW and again applying (via my phone of course), when I update the configuration in EKOS with the AZGTi driver, EKOS will not connect to the mount.
I saw a subsequent post by Mr. Wilson indicating that the EQMOD driver works with the serial cable that I have and this morning, I re-set it up using the cable and after deleting any other configurations in EKOS and re-setting ups a new one and then setting the serial port for the EQMOD as directed, it WORKS now (using the connect to Stellarmate from my PC and the Stellarmate Wifi on my PC). I have NO idea why I could not get it to work yesterday (which was a day of frustration), but it does work today (so who knows what I was doing incorrectly). So I can get EKOS to communicate with the EQMOD driver and EQMOD serial cable, but I am not able to get the wireless connection scheme to work by either Station mode or Hot Spot mode...
Not sure what I am doing incorrectly and not sure why the mount will not save the Station configuration. But thanks for the help.

So far as updating my EKOS in Stellarmate, I have not been able to figure that out at this time. I can connect to Stellarmate via my phone app but I don't see any place to update to the latest version of EKOS. Sorry for my ignorance. If you can provide a screen shot of an iPhone app and where to do the update, that would be great. Also, I have my Stellarmate connected to an HDMI monitor and keyboard/mouse but do not find anyplace to update with that method as well.
Thanks again,
Regards
Steve
2 years 8 months ago #73681

Ed
Thanks for your reply!
I WAS able to get it working this morning with the EQMOD cable and the EQMOD driver. Not at all sure why I could not get it to work yesterday...
Who knows. Perhaps it was not having the serial ports configured correctly on my PC???
Anyhow, it works now, so thanks for confirming that you had gotten it to work which prompted me to retry - with success!!
Regards
Steve
2 years 8 months ago #73682

Jasem (not James)... OOPS Sorry.
2 years 8 months ago #73683

Time to create page: 0.696 seconds