INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

meridian flip with iOptron CEM40

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, 
* New on this forum, so please let me know if I am off topic....
* Trying to do a meridian flip with an iOptron CEM40 controlled by EKOS on an RPi4. What happens is that the tracking stops as soon as the HA reaches zero - so no flip. (The EKOS HA limits are not enabled) The problem seems to be with the limit settings inside the mount: if I set the "Meridian Treatment/Position limits" with the hand controller the mount happily continues to track for HA>0. Unfortunately it seems that I have to actively set this each time the mount goes through a power cycle. Anybody seen something similar?
Cheers, Auke

2 years 8 months ago #73757

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You need to set the value first in the HC and then in Ekos. See here: indilib.org/telescopes/ioptron.html
2 years 8 months ago #73763

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Thanks. It seems though that the change I make to the HA limit in the hand controller is not persistent. So I have to enter a value each time I start my system. Would be nice if I can leave the hand controller 'in the box':)
Auke
2 years 8 months ago #73838

• Thank you received: 120
It appears as though this command is documented in the iOptron documentation. I've got a CEM120 and would also like to leave the hand controller in the box. I'll see if I can add this to the driver.

www.ioptron.com/v/ASCOM/RS-232_Command_Language2014V310.pdf

It looks like the commands are :GMT# to get the meridian treatment and :SMTnnn# to set it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott Denning, Auke Colijn
2 years 8 months ago #73847

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds