INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Bad behaviour of EKOS if reconnecting to remote indiserver -SOLVED!

• Thank you received: 72
Running a remote machine with INDI-Webmanager can cause a totally missmatched connection procedure if you do not control the start of indiserver via 'profile editor' ('INDI Web Manager' not checked!).

In my case I cannot connect directly the ports 7624(indiserver) and 8624(webmanager) at the remote site. I have to install an SSH-tunnel for them and to start the drivers with the webmanager "by hand" (through SSH). The first connection from my home PC works well. However when disconnecting and reconnecting from home I get a lot of error messages from the mount: As far I was able to analyze the situation, it seems that EKOS wants to adjust some mount settings (like time and location) BEFORE connecting to the mount!
Please note: This happens only if EKOS is not in control of the webmanager (see above). Reconnecting with 'INDI Web Manager' checked is handled well and EKOS establishes a connection BEFORE sending more settings. (I tested it on the internal network of our observatory)
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Toni Schriber.
2 years 7 months ago #73980
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Web Manager was created exactly so that you don't need to SSH in and execute commands. If the INDI server is already running remotely, no need to check INDI Web Manager.. I use this all the time. The only issue that can happen is that INDI web manager will not abort an existing server if you connect to it, so you'd be surprised by what is returned. Other than that, everything works as expected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toni Schriber
2 years 7 months ago #73989

• Thank you received: 72
Many, many thanks for the hint! You are obviously right: Using 'localhost' instead of 'sternwarte' in the host field and checking 'INDI Web Manager' works like a charm.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Toni Schriber.
2 years 7 months ago #74003

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds