INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding

• Thank you received: 280

Guiding was created by John

Hi all, I've been using the Internal guider for a little while and I'm happy with the results. It seems comparable to PHD2. I would like to see if I can tweak the parameters to get better guiding, however, I don't really know where to start. With PHD2 the starting point would be the Guiding Assistant which suggests parameter changes based on the actual guiding of my own setup. Is there something similar for Ekos? If not what would people suggest?

I've noticed I can use the PHD2logviewer with the guide logs which is helpful for looking at the results.

One specific question on guiding. I have the "Only Start if Guide Deviation < 2.00 arcsec" checked on the Camera tab. However, this seems to be ignored. I have things setup to focus on each filter change and I have guiding suspended during a filter change. When guiding starts after a filter change it can take a while to settle down (which is fine) but the next exposure starts. My guess is that when guiding starts the RMS is set to zero, this gets fed to the camera module which starts the exposure, then guiding starts measuring real values but the exposure is already running (just a guess though). Any ideas on this?

TIA
2 years 8 months ago #74013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds