INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos warming up camera on scheduling/sequence completion

• Thank you received: 1
Hello everybody|
There's one thing that I always wanted to achieve with Ekos and it's the way it does warm up the camera, basically what it does atm is just turning the cooler off. I don't find this very safe to do that especially in the summer time when the sensor goes from -10 to +20 very fast and the thermal shock is never a great thing IMHO. :)
So, some time ago in another thread it was mentioned that it was up to the INDI library to deal with cooling/warming using a ramp and a threshold, thing that has been implemented since at least a month I believe, which is awesome for cooling before the sequence starts. Is there a way to achieve the same for warming up? Even some hack or workaround? Or do I need to script it myself through pyindi and trigger that script from the scheduler?
Thanks and clear skies!
2 years 7 months ago #74157

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
With the ramp configured, you can add a "bogus" exposure at the end of the session with an expected temperature of 28ºC. This will execute an ramp up until this temperature (limited by ambient temperature)
2 years 7 months ago #74166

Thanks for the idea, I thought about doing something like that, but how can you specify the temperature for a certain exposure? For what I understood the temperature input field in the CCD tab works only to set the camera desired temperature in general and it's not part of the exposure's options like the others below (time, gain, offset, filter etc.).
2 years 7 months ago #74167

• Thank you received: 107
You need check that checkbox next to ON OFF button that should enforce temperature.
2 years 7 months ago #74168

Oh, now I see what you mean! Saving the sequence saves the temperatures settings as well, I didn't know about that. :)
That is just perfect, thank you very much to both of you!
2 years 7 months ago #74170

Time to create page: 0.651 seconds