INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS bottom text window bug?

• Thank you received: 155
I moved the bottom status window by using these little dots (in red circle below) and now I cant get the screen back to the normal view. I can raise the window up so that all I see is the status text, or shrink it down like this so I cant see the text at all. It wont let me bring the window back to to the bottom. Anyone know how to fix that?

2 years 7 months ago #74218
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57
Happens to me too, with kstars 3.5.4 stable on kubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
2 years 7 months ago #74219

Drag it all the way up then slowly down. Maybe a Qt bug not sure.
2 years 7 months ago #74220

• Thank you received: 155
I tried that… but it would not do anything until the mouse was half way up the screen, then it would just to fully open. When trying to close it, the same thing. No change until I moved half way down the screen and then it would jump to fully closed.

Note: This was with the latest Stellarmate OS on a RPi4 and connected via VNC from my Mac. the Mac OSX version works fine, and opens and closes with no problem. Maybe it's an issue with the VNC client's mouse movements.
2 years 7 months ago #74221

• Thank you received: 41
This is not a recent bug. It has been happening to me since I stared using KStars/Ekos one and a half year ago. I've learned after multiple incidents like this, that the log area is "forbidden" ;)
2 years 7 months ago #74222

• Thank you received: 3
Happened to me too while running kStars on Astroberry and on macOS many times and this is annoying. The only workaround is to restart everything- then you will run into new problems sometimes… I would also think this is perhaps a Qt issue. However, it should be fixed in Ekos by finding a workaround. When programming under windows developers need to implement a lot of workarounds for so many bugs Microsoft did never fix, for instance the textbox behavior has a lot of bugs and this exists since Windows 1.0. 

One idea would be to avoid to shrink this widget to zero height. I have no experience using Qt yet, but in Windows or macOS or iOS one can limit the minimum width or height of shrinkable controls. I don’t know if this could help here, but I would give this a trial. Maybe, kStars compiles on my M1 Mac with Monterey…?
2 years 7 months ago #74390

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds