INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi server on Odroid-C1 crash the device

• Thank you received: 51
Hello all,
I come with a new question :whistle: . I tried to use my "old" odroid-C1 instead of my "new" XU4 to drive my autoguiding camera (ZWO ASI 120MM) and mount (AZEQ6).
Why using the C1 instead of my XU4 is because it is powered via USB and better for use in nomad session.
Unfortunately the mount is correctly driven but when I try to use the camera the Odroid-C1 crash.
So I have some question: is it a problem with usb port which don't deliver enought power and fail leading the crash of the device ?
Does somebody have similar configuration ? An do a powered usb hub can be the solution ?

Thanks
8 years 2 months ago #6818

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
I have an odroid C1, but I use two ykush usb switchable boards from www.yepkit.com/products/ykush , never had the odroid crashed on me while using indi.
it crashed however when I used a usb webcam, no idea why.
8 years 1 month ago #7255

• Thank you received: 46
"It crashed' tells us nothing. What do the kernel logs show ? Did something abend? did the kernel abend and halt? Did the board do a hard reset and restart?

It's rather difficult to diagnose what the cause is, when we dont have a hint as to what the problem is.
8 years 1 month ago #7270

• Thank you received: 51
In my case the device does a hard reset.
8 years 1 month ago #7271

• Thank you received: 21
I didn't try my ASI camera directly connected to the USB port instead through a hub but from other activities I've got hard reset when power goes down due to too high current requested on the USB port of my C1. As far as I know the ZWO camera request too high current for direct connection.
I cannot test it on my broken C1as I use now Rpi2 unit.
Regards
Philippe Besson
Skywatcher HEQ5, Televue 101-IS, Takahashi FS-60CB
Focus Boss II with OptecInc TCF-S focuser and Starlight Instruments HSM20 handy stepper motor
Guiding camera ZWO ASI120MM
Filterwheel OptecInc IFW
Camera not set yet
Switzerland
8 years 1 month ago #7276

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds