INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Polar Alignment cause Ekos to crash

• Thank you received: 0
Are you running a "client version" of KSTARS?
Read here (from INDI forum/website):

Ekos does all the heavy lifting and it is STRONGLY recommended to run it on a separate computer (laptop or workstation). Which is where the networking comes in: A Raspberry Pi runs INDI server, running all the drivers for your AP and "serving" them to Ekos. Ekos is typically run on a more powerful (than a Pi) remotely networked PC. Ekos is where you set up your AP session: target, plate solving, tracking, focusing, and of course imaging - and MUCH more. If you have the hardware, Ekos can probably run it. Ekos (which again, is built into the Kstars planetarium program) is the nerve center controlling all your gear.
_____
I solved other problems using this method, now all seems is going fine!
andrea
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Andrea Coppola.
2 years 7 months ago #75086

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25
Hi Andrea,

The problem is I'm using the same exact setup on another scope and it works fine
2 years 7 months ago #75090

Hi Jasem,

Tonight I tried with 3.5.5 beta, and it crashed after 3rd picture between WCS calculations and results. PFA Kstars logs

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars_log...1-28.zip
File Size:153 KB
2 years 7 months ago #75091
Attachments:

Thank you, the crash moved to inside the WCS library now. It still doesn't make sense. I think we may need to arrange for a debug session when you have time with teamviewer.
2 years 7 months ago #75094

Hi Jasem,

That's totally fine with me. What is your general availability? also, can we do this using a sim camera, or do we need to wait for a clear sky night?
2 years 7 months ago #75108

If it crashes with the sim camera as well, we can do that. Please send me a private message with your email..etc.
2 years 7 months ago #75117

• Thank you received: 0
Hey, I'm experiencing the same crash. Astroberry on Pi4b, Sony A6300, Star Adventurer(Mount SImulator is used)

During polar alignment after taking and successfully solving the first image, when taking the first image app crashes constantly. That happens only on the second iamge
The stacktrace is the following:
Warning: Spoiler!
2 years 7 months ago #75306

I was able to set up a debugger. EKOS didn't crash with [EQMount, CCD SIM, Guider SIM, and MyFocuserPro2] setup. I Will try again tonight with the original setup including the ZWO camera
2 years 7 months ago #75309

Hi Jasem, It didn't crash when I used the debugger on local Linux connected to INDI on RPi!!Is this is what you are looking for? or is there is a way to debug the RPi build? 

2 years 7 months ago #75310
Attachments:

Hello Jasem and team,

I had to reopen this issue as I'm still facing the crash on the last step of polar alignment. My last post was from ubuntu PC running KStars from compilation (QT creator) and connecting to the INDI server on the rig. The ubuntu compilation worked fine, so I thought I should try ARM compilation. I finished this yesterday, and v3.5.6b worked fine while connecting to the indi server on the rig. When I tried KStars 3.5.5 stable on the rig the crash happened again. I copied the compiled KStars from my dev RPi to the rig RPi. It was missing only one lib (libraw.so.19 as the one on the rig is libraw.so.20) which I copied as well and ran this 3.5.6beta debug compiled version on the rig RPi and IT CRASHED!!!

Any idea what may be going on and how to proceed investigating?
2 years 6 months ago #76013

• Thank you received: 1
Hi. I have also been having same problem with ekos crashing after 3rd image in polar alignment. I did start my own thread before I saw this one. 
also after having a quick look at your log file there is an error that is same as in my log file.

MouseArea: Detected anchors on an item that is managed by a layout. This is undefined behavior; use Layout.alignment instead.
[2021-09-27T22:21:14.531 BST WARN ][ default] - qrc:/qml/mount/mountbox.qml:428: ReferenceError: xi18n is not defined.

it may be nothing an sure means nothing to me but after the 3 Rd or 4th crash I narrowed the time in the log to the time it crashed.
also I tried lowering the slew speed which still crashed after 3rd image
. Let's hope we get this fixed.
thank you
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Robert.
2 years 6 months ago #76037

• Thank you received: 565
Mohamed,

Honestly, I think the best way to catch this is to instrument the code by adding lots of log messages to try and understand where it's crashing.
Since you can compile, and since you can re-create this crash reliably, if you PM me I can send you a version of several files modified with a lot more logging. Perhaps that will give us a clue.

Hy
2 years 6 months ago #76038

Time to create page: 0.839 seconds