INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar alignment - mount does not slew

• Thank you received: 7
Hello,

In EKOS, my M-Uno mount does not slew to the next sky region when using the Polar Alignment Assistent. Any ideas why or what could be wrong?

The mount slews and follows GoTos within the same KStars/EKOS environment. Just not in the PAA.

Any hint is appreciated.

2 years 6 months ago #75701

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
Make sure that before start PPA, that the mount is UnParked and Tracking is ON.
I have to check this with my CEM70 and Indi 1.8.9
2 years 6 months ago #75702

Thank you, Alessandro!

I am pretty sure that was the case (unparked and tracking on). I could slew manually, clicking [next], plate solving worked and then [next] again. This would not have worked, if the mount would have been in "park" and "still" mode.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Willi.
2 years 6 months ago #75706

• Thank you received: 54
Check that the slew "Speed:" button, in the PAA window, next to the "Direction:" button, is set to "Max" and not a slower speed. My M-Uno PAA speed was set to "Guide" and I thought that the mount was not slewing but it was, at a painfully slow speed. Changing it to "Max" solved the problem.

That may, or maybe not, be your problem though.
2 years 6 months ago #75711

Hi Gilles, Thank you! I tried different settings there as well to no avail. I will try it again later this week when it is supposed to clear up again.

BTW, I am using the new StarGo2 controller (Raspberry Pi 4 based). This might be different from the original/classic StarGo control.
2 years 6 months ago #75712

I did not know that the StarGo2 could be used with the M-Uno! I thought it was meant for the new M-Due.

Differences between the two controllers could explain the problem but, as other things seem to work correctly, that would be surprising.

Good luck and keep us posted.
2 years 6 months ago #75713

Indeed, the StarGo2 is primarily foreseen for the M-due. I asked Avalon to have it adapted to the M-uno, since they also offer it as a stand-alone controller. Avalon kindly pre-installed the StarGo2 with a new adapter plate to the motor boxes (= fork arm). I did not even get the classical StarGo controller. It works nicely.

The configuration works well with a separate computer and an INDI interface. With KStars & EKOS it works mostly OK, except for the PAA ;-). I did some changes in the settings and I will try again hopefully later this week, when I have a clear night again. BTW, SkySafari works very well, which I like using very much.

I also try to access the SG2 with the ASIAIR Pro... Does not work well yet. I will keep trying different drivers, settings, configurations etc. I have to admit, I am feeling pretty spoiled by the ASIAIR app on an iPad. I wish there would be something similar for a less proprietary environment and set of equipment.

Attached a picture of the mount:

2 years 6 months ago #75716
Attachments:

Looks great!

What scope do you have on the mount? I suspect an RC scope (10 inch?) but not sure as it also looks a bit like an SCT but the focuser and what looks like collimations screws raise doubts on my part.

2 years 6 months ago #75725

Yes, a GSO RC10. Works well on this mount. I also have an ASI EAF installed. I had to design and 3D print an adapter for the GSO focuser.
2 years 6 months ago #75737

• Thank you received: 23
ZWO EAF Adapter Plate for GSO Ritchey-Chretien Telescopes
www.thingiverse.com/thing:4441326
The following user(s) said Thank You: Willi
2 years 6 months ago #75743

This adapter allows to exchange the EAF with the manual knob without exchanging the base plate… matter of taste  :
bbs.astronomy-imaging-camera.com/d/12448...nted-focuser-adapter
2 years 6 months ago #75748

Can you move the mount using the Mount Control Panel West/East/North/South keys?
2 years 6 months ago #75795

Time to create page: 1.096 seconds