INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstar running slow

• Thank you received: 0

Kstar running slow was created by Rashed

Hello
i run indiserver on my rpi4 and kstar on the desktop. the two communicate over wifi. the link usually is about 100 mbps. 

I am having an odd issue with kstar for a while now. once kstar has been started, it seems to be using more and more cpu with time. after 3 hours it gets so sluggish that i have to close kstar and start a new instance. indiserver runs flawlessly. was wondering what the cause could be. guiding is done on phd2, however kstar is connected to the PHD2 and gets guiding updates for dithering purpose. so all it should be doing is sending an exposure request and poll it every second to update the timer.

does anyone know why i am having this issue. also does anyone know how to stop kstar from getting guiding frames - this is the only think that can be considered as intensive. maybe it could be moved to a different thread so that it does not slow down the gui or the connection between kstar and the indiserver.

2 years 6 months ago #76379
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Rashed on topic Kstar running slow

quick update.

just turned of phd2 and the speed of kstar is back to normal again. so fairly confident it is the link between phd2 and kstar causing the problem. 

on the rpi4, which is where the phd2 is running on, things are smooth and responsive. so i donot think the rpi/phd 2 is the problem.

also just to reiterate, the it gets slow progressively, i.e. after restarting kstar, things will run smoothly for a couple of hours before grinding to a halt.

EDIT: just restarted kstar, and the cpu usuage is down to 20% 
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Rashed.
2 years 6 months ago #76380

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.778 seconds