INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to create a capture sequence without attaching camera

• Thank you received: 33
Hi,
Is there a way to create a capture sequence without attaching my camera to Ekos? If I use the simulator it limits the amount of gain I can assign. Not sure if there are other drawbacks??

2 years 5 months ago #76420

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
What I do is create the sequence on the simulator, then open the .esq file in a text editor. Pretty simple XML format, so it ain't hard to change things without mucking anything up too badly. I know that's perhaps not as smooth a user interface as one might like, but it gets me moving forward. I've even done the same with .esl schedule files.
2 years 5 months ago #76422

• Thank you received: 41
My approach is connect the camera and then create a basic set of simple capture sequences: it only contains gain, offset, filter, exposure time and number of frames, for example 1h total exposure using 600s subs and filter Lum (6 frames). They only have one line on each

Latter, I can create session files on the scheduler combining the target information with this capture sequences and using the repeating N-times on scheduler to increase the exposure in 1h blocks.
2 years 5 months ago #76442

What are the fields that need changing? Rick Wayne
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by AstroMuni.
2 years 5 months ago #76444

2 years 5 months ago #76445

• Thank you received: 20
Sorry I didn't see your question before. More often than anything else, I change the folder the subs are saved to. And I seem to frequently find myself messing with the exact mix of exposure time and # of subs, though the latter is easy to control per rbarberac's suggestion. So if I created a sheaf of sequences for single filter-exposure-gain combos, I guess I could combine 'em in the scheduler. Interleaving filters would make it more complicated, of course.
2 years 4 months ago #77784

Time to create page: 1.071 seconds