INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar alignement issue (no more zoom in and star trails for 2nd and 3rd picture)

• Thank you received: 14
Since the version 3.5.5, i have 2 issues in the PA process. I use a 240/60 guide scope with a QHY 5L-II mono.
  • I can't any more zoom in the 3rd image (used to choose a bright star for PA adjustment), neither in the regular window nor in the full screen window. Not a blocking point but it is useful to zoom in the selected star.
  • I have star trails in the 2nd and 3rd images. The plate solving works well despite these star trails. But the step when i choose a bright star is quite difficult as the star center is not well defined. I use the 600x speed to do it. I could use a lower speed (128x for my mount which is rather slow, there is not choice between these 2 speeds), but i suggest to add a option to delay the acquisition of the image after the slew, to avoid shakes of the tube. For example, 1 or 2 s should be fine to get the tube immobile.
The Polar alignement is a great feature, and works very well, my 2 issues are not blocking points as I said before.
2 years 5 months ago #76988

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1. Can you elaborate? mouse wheel zoom in / out does not work or what?
2. Perhaps you can add a higher settle value for alignment if you get star trails. Capture only supposed to be taken after mount settled, so if the default value (1500 ms or 1.5s) is not sufficient then increase it.
2 years 5 months ago #76991

thanks Jasem

1. i did not know that you can zoom with the mouse wheel (i will give a shot), i use the 2 buttons on the top left as on the picture viewer. This occurs only in the PA image viewer using my guiding camera, not with my DSLR. And not with regular align plate solving. I will give more informations (logs and picture) the next time i will take some pics, but the weather forecast are not good for the next days (and maybe the whole week). The pic is with the simulator, not with my setup.

2. I can't find this setting. Do you mean in Capture Module or in the Align Module ?

I am currently working at home, but i will try with my real setup in a few hours.

Thanks a lot
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Val Chevalier.
2 years 5 months ago #76997
Attachments:

Just tested the zoom buttons also work fine without issues in all stages of PAA. The Settle settings is in Align module, see image below.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Val Chevalier
2 years 5 months ago #77000
Attachments:

OK thanks Jasem,

the settle setting should solve the star trails, i will let you know. I haven't noticed it before as its default value works well before.

About the Zoom issue, i have tested it just a minute ago with a config (Canon DSLR, QHY guide camera and Simulated mount). Obviously, the plate solving does not work by day (in france), but i can zoom in and out as with version 3.5.4. The issue here occurs after a successful plate solving in the PA process, during every 3 or 4 nights since i have updated to 3.5.5. Tonight, the weather might be clear enough to give a shot on that issue, but will go worse and worse in the night (bad enough to make astrophotography not possible). Maybe tomorrow evening but not sure as the forecast in the next days are cloudy and rainny in western France.

But again thank you Jasem

Val

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Val Chevalier.
2 years 4 months ago #77005

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds