INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Crash - file handle leak ("too many open files")?

• Thank you received: 3
 I've been getting a crash using the scheduler and thought I'd attempt to gather enough info. to report it.  I enabled logging and then "helped" myself by forgetting to click "File" instead of "Default".  Argh.  Fortunately I'm in the habit of starting kstars from a konsole session and I was able to grab the last thousand or so lines of console output (now wishing I'd used "tee"!).

Is any of the attached kstars console output of any use?  No idea what sound it is complaining about not working as all sounds from kstars/ekos were being output just fine up until I retired (the "ding" at each image completion, guide starting, even the emergency broadcast alert sound when one hits "abort/stop" in the schedule output just fine).   Only failure possibility I can think of is that the sound goes via the display port connector to the speakers in my monitor.  I turned the monitor off when I went to bed, so perhaps that created an I/O failure? It is a stretch and unlikely as other apps. just send the sound to the laptop speakers when I do that.

If it happens again I've at least got "File" enabled now.   ;)

TIA,

- Bruce

Platform:  openSuSE Tumbleweed
> uname -a
Linux XPS15 5.14.14-1-default #1 SMP Thu Oct 21 05:05:03 UTC 2021 (2b5383f) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

> rpm -qa | egrep -i 'libindi|kstars'   
libindi-plugins-1.9.2-1.15.x86_64
libindi-1.9.2-1.15.x86_64
libindidriver1-1.9.2-1.15.x86_64
kstars-lang-3.5.5-1.2.noarch
kstars-3.5.5-1.2.x86_64
libindiAlignmentDriver1-1.9.2-1.15.x86_64

2 years 4 months ago #77531
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please try to disable all sound notifications in KStars. Settings --> Configure Notifications --> Turn off sounds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce
2 years 4 months ago #77542

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds