INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Indi library 1.9.3 - PAA: Disabled: FOV must be 10 arcmins or wider

• Thank you received: 1
I today updated to Indilib 1.9.3. On my setup the issue of disabled PAA direction and angle still exists as described in previous posts in this forum.Is the issue still not understood or did I miss something? 
2 years 5 months ago #77645
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Kurt,

My understanding of this problem is that it requires an update to the nightly version of KStars/EKOS/indi to resolve. I don't think that just updating indilib is enough.
I run KStars/ekos/indi in Ubuntu 21.04 Mate and updating to nightly version fixed it for me. I note that you are running Astroberry so the options for nightly updates may be limited (I am not familiar with Astroberry).

Cheers
Mike
2 years 4 months ago #77703

Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply. I am not familiar with nightly builds for astroberry.
I yesterday updated a copy of my working astroberry setup to version 2.0.4 (includes KStars 3.5.5) which also exhibits the issue like also latest stable StellarMate. So there must be a fix for that. I may be able to check coming night if solving one image prior to PAA removes the alert.

Thanks
Kurt
2 years 4 months ago #77716

I briefly checked above under sub-optimal conditions. Solving an image prior to PAA did not work at least here. In fact the solver cursor spun until timeout.
So I reverted back to astroberry 2.0.3 with KStars 3.54. With 3.5.4 solving the image prior to PAA took only a few seconds. PAA was possible with pier selection/angle without problem and showed the error triangle. On a sidenote, it also showed the selection to use the legacy PA.

So, is there a fix upcoming or is this the way it is/should be?

Thanks,
Kurt
2 years 4 months ago #77727

• Thank you received: 41
Hey Kurt,

This problem is fixed in the nightly build. I updated about 3 weeks ago to the KStars 3.5.6 beta and this sorted out the problem.
I previously reverted to polar aligning with Sharpcap as an interim solution until it got sorted in the nightlies. It is likely to be fixed in the next stable update of Astroberry. I think that if winding back your Astroberry version has given you back the functionality you may just have to wait for the stable update.
An alternative is to create an SD card running Ubuntu Mate 20.04 LTS and download the nightly version which is functional and use it as a standby solution until Astroberry updates.
If you are unsure how to do this here is a link to Chris Kovacs You Tube site that contains some very helpful video tutorials.
Good luck.
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kurt Bierbaum
2 years 4 months ago #77733

Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply and insight. I will then wait until 3.5.6 is released.

Best
Kurt
2 years 4 months ago #77742

2 years 4 months ago #77756

Time to create page: 1.504 seconds