INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos scheduler, setting a delay for capturing asteroid motion

• Thank you received: 54
Just wondering if it is possible to insert a delay between short OSC or luminance exposures in the Ekos scheduler, to capture the motion of asteroids over a few hours.

I am thinking of the Ceres opposition where I could take 30~60 seconds OSC exposures with a 10~20 minutes delay before the next exposure and so on for a few hours. That would make for a nice animation for a high school physics teacher neighbor.

Anything in place in the scheduler to accomplish that? Did not see anything obvious and it's not quite clear if the 'Delay' setting (below Filter) could be used for that purpose.

TIA, Gilles
2 years 4 months ago #77848

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
Just add in 20 minute exposures that you later throw away?
2 years 4 months ago #77860

• Thank you received: 370
The delay does exactly that, but only between two captures. If you repeat the capture sequence via the scheduler be aware that after the last capture in the capture job the delay has no effect, the scheduler directly starts again at the beginning if used in a „repeat“ mode.

That said, for this workflow set up the capture such that one single iteration of its sequence does all captures.
2 years 4 months ago #77867

• Thank you received: 54
Thanks for your suggestions Hy and Wolfgang, I will look into doing it the way you suggested.

I wonder if there could be an interest (and feasability) in adding iteration capabilities to the Ekos scheduler where you specify how many times you want to repeat the list. If not, at least there is a workaround.

2 years 4 months ago #77875

• Thank you received: 370
This is present, but it will create problems with the delay that you want to use. At the end of a capture sequence the delay will be ignored, i.e. the scheduler will restart the sequence, but it won't wait. The scheduler itself has no option for creating delays between iterations.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Wolfgang Reissenberger.
2 years 4 months ago #77876

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds