INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler weather setting not honoring Watchdog's mount lock policy?

• Thank you received: 370
Exactly! As you can see from your screenshot, parking of the dome happens immediately when a weather alert arrives (the delay is set to 0 seconds).

If you want to use the shutdown procedure from the scheduler, better turn this entirely off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nguyễn Trọng Minh
2 years 3 months ago #78309

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Excellent. Thanks. I'll try it and report back the result. But if I am not running scheduler then Watchdog handles the weather alert nicely (dome park after mount) Somehow if I run Scheduler the watchdog policy is bypassed.
2 years 3 months ago #78310

Okay so I tested it. If I uncheck the Alert option in Observatory tab, the scheduler now work as intended (while scheduler is running, the mount park first then the dome).
but if the scheduler is not running, the mount and the dome does not react to weather alert at all (they park on weather alert before, mount first then dome).
this is somewhat better but it'd be great if there is a solution so that the weather alert working all the time.
2 years 3 months ago #78313

• Thank you received: 370
That's right. We discussed whether the Observatory should also contain a mount control. We decided not to implement the functionality there since it a) comes into conflict with the scheduler and b) an observatory control should not be better kept separate from KStars/EKOS.

Especially the latter argument needs to be considered thoroughly. KStars/EKOS is a very complex application where we never could 100% rely that there is no crash - with the result leaving the observatory unattended. Here comes the watchdog into the game. The watchdog is intended to run separately and take care of the observatory safety.

Since I only have a simple pole for my telescopes, I do not have the personal experience and no clear view, but that's the summary as I remember from former discussions here on the forum.
2 years 3 months ago #78325

I am using watchdog and it worked great. But if I disable the alert setting in the observatory tab then the watchdog does not respond to the weather alert. Is that what it is supposed to do?
2 years 3 months ago #78355

Just tested Watchdog with weather alert and it didn't work. I debugged and found the issue, please re-compile from INDI and it should work. The watchdog is completely independent from Observatory module as far as I know.
2 years 3 months ago #78358

Excellent. Let me test it. Is it on nightly or I have to build from source?
2 years 3 months ago #78359

It will be on nightly tomorrow.
2 years 3 months ago #78360

great!. I'll wait for the nightly build. Thank you!
2 years 3 months ago #78361

Time to create page: 0.621 seconds