INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Suspend guiding while focus not working

• Thank you received: 9
So yesterday, I test older versions of KStars. 3.5.6 didn't suspend guiding but when I tried 3.5.5. It worked. Hopefully this helps someone out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eivind
2 years 2 months ago #80167

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
With the latest versions guiding will only be suspended for OAG guiding, i.e. if the main scope is also used as guiding scope.
2 years 2 months ago #80334

Thanks. I do have the Main Scope the same as the Guide Scope because I'm using OAG. I tried deleting all of the KStars data files I could find and re-installing. It brought back suspended guiding but after using it for a night, it's back to not suspending again.
2 years 2 months ago #80343

In Guide module, the selected scope is the primary scope?
2 years 2 months ago #80345

Yes, I just tested it and it suspends when Guide Scope is selected in the Guide Module and doesn't suspend when Primary Scope is selected. I'm thinking they got swapped somehow.
2 years 2 months ago #80346

• Thank you received: 31
I had the same issue tonight with PHD2 guiding not being suspended during focus. At the end of my session, I checked that the profile is correct, and it is:

I started Ekos back up, and the Scope dropdown says Guide Scope, but it is greyed out and cannot be changed. This is not while not guiding is active, it is immediately upon starting Ekos.

2 years 2 months ago #80359
Attachments:

Oh I see how this can be an issue.. it uses the last setting. Start Simulators profile and change that to primary scope and then start your profile, does this work?
2 years 2 months ago #80365

Yes, that worked. Found it out by switching to internal guider changing the guide scope and then going back to phd. This time for some reason the suspend guide command worked with primary scope selected. Weird because when I tested with simulators it worked with guide scope selected. Either way, we now know where to look for this issue. Thank you.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Wes Creech.
2 years 2 months ago #80377

• Thank you received: 31
Yes, that fixed it for me, also. I was able to change to Primary scope, and now PHD2 guiding pauses during focus. Thank you, Jasem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 2 months ago #80391

I ran into the same problem with the latest stable build (3.6.0 Stable) The guide scope appeared as primary scope but it does not suspend phd2 guiding.
1 year 7 months ago #86387

• Thank you received: 7
While we are on the topic of suspended guiding, is there a simple way to delay the first image of a sequence after autofocus to allow the guider to stabilize - say 10 or 15 seconds? My first image is not usable after autofocus with suspended autoguiding.
1 year 7 months ago #86395

I believe you can set the guiding deviation under a threshold which the sequence starts (i.e: if the guiding RMS above 1 arcsec then the sequence won't start). See it in the capture tab.
1 year 7 months ago #86397

Time to create page: 1.244 seconds