INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Internal guider shift when loosing guide start with cloud

• Thank you received: 559
@Ron Clanton:   Jasem seems to release a new version about every 2 months. The last one, 3.5.7, was released in mid-January so I'd expect that these changes would come out in 3.5.8 which would likely be released in mid-March.
Hy
2 years 1 month ago #80325

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25

I'm not sure that it would consume too much time in capture - or perhaps it's time some people would be willing to invest for the sake of properly framed images. To grab some hard numbers, I used StellarSolverTester from stellarsolver-2.2 to test a random capture from last night (Helix Nebua). Using either of "1-Default" or "4-SmallScaleSolving" profiles, stellarsolvertester reported taking 1.678s to solve the image, on my rpi4.

In my view, that's quite acceptable, being not much longer than a frame download (0.73s), and it's less than 1% of my typical exposure duration (240s). I expected that stellarsolver would find a solution quickly since it isn't running blind: it has a very good hint of where the center is expected to be, and probably knows what pixel scale and FoV size are. Additionally, this solving could be asynchronous: optimistically start the next exposure, solve in the background, if the target is appropriately aligned do nothing. If it's obviously wrong, abort the exposure (like a guiding constraint) and realign. If it doesn't solve ... consult a checkbox to decide whether to abort and realign, or ignore it and try again later.
1 year 6 months ago #85847

• Thank you received: 370
Chris, this feature is present since a while - presuming you are using the scheduler.

Take a look at the EKOS >> Scheduler options, there is the field "Verify captured image position" and below "Reset pipeline if verified image delta exceeds"

I have the check running for each captured frame and set the limit to 0.5 arc minutes.

HTH
Wolfgang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Kuethe
1 year 6 months ago #85850

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds