INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mac KStars 3.5.7 beta new build -- please test

• Thank you received: 155
I put 3.5.7 beta 3 to a full test last night - running 7 hours of exposures.
What I found is that anytime the autoguider paused (such as during auto focusing or after a meridian flip) when it started up again, the CCD module would abort the exposures with a message that there were "No pending jobs found", even though it was only half way through a job!   This caused me to have to cancel the job, and start a new one.  

Oddly, when this first happened I had R,G,B, and HA  jobs lined up.  When it aborted the process during the first (red) job, it also immediately aborted the Green and Blue jobs, and then started in on the HA.  I stopped the sequence and created a new one with just the OII as you see here.  Right after a refocus procedure it also aborted the job.  Even though the guider was running well.  I have never seen this behavior before.

2 years 2 months ago #79800
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Hi Peter,

This sounds very much like it should be a cross platform issue, rather than a Mac build issue.  I would probably post in a separate post on the forum to see if anyone on Linux or Windows experiences the same behavior.  It also will let more people see the post.  Or maybe a bug report on bugs.kde.org.  I personally don't know of any changes that took place in those modules since I have been very much focused on the build scripts for MacOS and getting builds to happen on the KDE Binary Factory.  

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 2 months ago #79802

I couldn't replicate this issue. Got detailed logs or a way to reliably reproduce this behavior?
2 years 2 months ago #79806

• Thank you received: 155
Jasem, I added this issue in the Stellarmate forum as it is happening with the latest KStars build on my Stellarmate too. I added the full log there as well.
I can't figure out why this is happening, both here on the direct connected Mac and now on my Pi (StellarMate OS). Very strange. Exact same problem.
2 years 1 month ago #80425

• Thank you received: 52
Hi Peter,

I have nothing to add as far as why but do have a question,
Looking at the screenshot you provided above, the exposure count shows 26 out of 50
I assume it aborted on #26
With an exposure time of 300 seconds and a refocus time of every 60 minutes, it looks like it was able to successfully refocus once and the second time caused the abort
300*25 = 7500 seconds
60*60*2 = 7200 seconds

Is this the pattern, the second autofocus knocks it out?

Gene
2 years 1 month ago #80437

Time to create page: 0.740 seconds