INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

DSUSB and macos - anyone have this working?

• Thank you received: 0
Hello, new Ekos (Intel MacBook Pro) user here.

I've been using the indi (edit: INDIGO) DSUSB device / driver to control the shutter on my Nikon D7000 (via CloudMakers AstroDSLR) successfully for over a year now.  Recently I tried to get this working via Ekos and have not had any success. Here's what I've tried:
  • Set up a gphoto ccd device for the Nikon. This appears to work.
  • Set the shutter control port to 'DSUSB'.  This also appears to work - a 'Connected to DSUSB' message shows up in the logs (though the light on the DSUSB does not turn green)
  • Attempt to take a 1 second exposure. This does NOT work. The light on the DSUSB device never turns green.
I know the DSUSB hardware works on the Mac. The INDI driver works (though it appears Ekos does not use this driver directly.

Any Mac users out there get a DSUSB working in Ekos?

Thanks,
Nick
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Nick M.
2 years 2 months ago #79863

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Here is the code that opens the shutter . Not sure if this needs to be different on MacOS?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick M
2 years 2 months ago #79885

Possibly! I'm quite new to all this. Perhaps it would be worth having a look at the Indigo driver (which seems to work fine w/ CloudMakers stuff). I'm not quite clear on the compatibility differences between INDI and INDIGO.

github.com/indigo-astronomy/indigo/tree/...go_drivers/aux_dsusb

Thanks,
Nick
2 years 2 months ago #79900

For what it's worth, I took a quick look at the INDIGO driver source - unfortunately it depends on a closed-source library so I'm not sure there's much to be learned there.  Is there a debug log or something I can provide that would help?

Thanks,
Nick
2 years 2 months ago #79901

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds