INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstar/Ekos Crash during loading of drivers

• Thank you received: 5
Hi, I have been having this issue ongoing for many months and difficult to pin down. I set up some logs and they are attached.

Basically, I start Kstars, then Ekos, when I connect to an existing profile it displays the INDI Driver GUI and displays usually a single driver starting then crashes.

I recently upgraded Kstar to 3.57, so now I suspect possibly something to do with INDI, but don't where to look. The attached file the first one is the full file (log_16-41-02.txt) and noticed that there are a couple of entries that do not appear complete. Easy to find as they are a few lines before the end. I restarted Kstar and Ekos and all worked fine. The second file (log_16-41-17.txt) is attached so that the differences can be seen between a successful startup and a crash.

Cheers

2 years 2 months ago #79939
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There is an issue with INDI web manager apparently. is it the latest version?
2 years 2 months ago #79940

I have INDI version 1.93. Is this the latest?
2 years 2 months ago #79989

Hi Jasem, 
I have the latest stable version of Kstars, EKOS and INDO on both my Raspberry Pi and Remote computer and I still have the same issue along with the other issue of the camera failing to load (Only just occurred - This is a different issue another post). Anyway, I have the logs from this morning EKOS start-up and connection. 

During both startups previously and the last time, INDI was not restarted on the remote computer. In short exactly the same issue and exactly the same log entry with missing variable for the Canon DSL driver. I have the latest stable version of Kstars, EKOS and INDO on both my Raspberry Pi and Remote computer and I still have the same issue along with the other issue of the camera failing to load (Only just occurred - This is a different issue another post).

Anyway, I have the logs from this morning EKOS start-up and connection. The other failure was a crash that occurred during a Mosaic Schedule session, which I have had before. The log file is approx 11G in size, so I need to go through and isolate any errors, but to say the very last entry nothing strange appeared to occur, just came back to it after a couple of hours with Kstars and EKOS, not on the screen. This has also happened before too.

I have placed it in the last section of this log file, but the last INFO is the ZWO starting capture. During both startups previously and the last time, INDI was not restarted on the remote computer. In short exactly the same issue and exactly the same log entry with missing variable for the Canon DSL driver. although unknown for the second crash.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Malcolm Whinfield.
2 years 1 month ago #80091
Attachments:

When in remote mode, Ekos first tries to determine in the remote drivers are already started and if thus, then it will not restart the remote drivers but instead will try to connect to them. I wonder if something gets messed up whereas we restart remote drivers.

1. Remote drivers are running. Ekos is connected to them.
2. We restart remote drivers, we start getting remote devices.
3. Previous devices disconnected messages start arriving (e.g. DSLR).
4. We try to manage this disconnected messages, but already the device is gone.
5. Crash?

Not sure, this is one possible scenario.
2 years 1 month ago #80399

Sound right, the missing text in the logs for the remote computer does not show I believe I local operations. I use remote only for home use, I use local for dark sky operations.

The last crash report from EKOS Debugger was from a remote operation from VNC, so is likely not going to show missing text. BTW, in the other post, it was mentioned that it crashed on the loading driver, yet it fail when clicking the preview button in the capture module.
2 years 1 month ago #80400

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds