INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS - Focus no longer suspends guiding

• Thank you received: 19
3.5.7 (beta)
Initial conditions: running sequence with filter changes - autofocus on filter change - checkbox selected for "supend guiding" in focuser tab
Expected result - Guiding should pause (used to)
Actual: Guiding continues and had to manually disable the two axis checkboxes (since under scheduler if you STOP guiding it will be put back ON)

This is new behavior within a couple of builds as the suspend was good in the past

should be simple to replicate

2 years 1 month ago #80168

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Currently focus suspends guiding if the focus camera uses the SAME OTA as the guide camera. Is this the case?
2 years 1 month ago #80192

• Thank you received: 86
I actually tried tonight for the first time to focus every 60 min.
The guiding was not suspended.
It was on different OTA (guiding - on guiding scope/camera, acquiring - on main scope/camera).
Now I know - that's by design. Worked well.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
2 years 1 month ago #80208

• Thank you received: 19
Yes - I am configured to use my imaging scope via OAG - as I was having issue guiding (a mechanical issue now solved) the guider was having kittens since the focus was constantly changing due to the focus routing - this ended up in a situation where I could not focus, so position changes causing guider craziness causing focus problems-> a feedback loop of horrors :-)

If you let me know the area in code I could write up a change and test it out - back a awhile ago I do remember seeing the guiding pause when focus was happening even with my guide scope (maybe I was dreaming :-) )
2 years 1 month ago #80209

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds