INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Meridian flip problem with Load & Slew files centred on space

• Thank you received: 3
Hello,

I've encountered a strange problem.  If I Load & Slew to a particular object (typically a certain framing from previous image runs), if EKOS identifies that as a known target, it does the flip and continues fine.  But a couple of times, where the alignment is centred on empty space (eg a pt between the Leo Triplet), it comes to flip time, does the flip but then nothing.  And eventually crashes.

This happened last night when btw there was also a known-target job scheduled after the Leo run was meant to have finished.  But the job never started.  So it seemed to do the flip, didn't know where it was, and kept on doing I'm not quite sure exactly what until it came time to close?  (The log runs on for 3 hrs after this flip happened so it was alive and not crashed but nothing seemed to be happening - yet when I opened up the laptop this morning there was an error box and Kstars had crashed).

I can share the log file but its 198Mb big for some reason so it exceeds the size limit for attaching?  (Another weird thing, the log file was appended to a log file from 31st Jan rather than starting its own log file)

Not quite sure what's happening?

Thanks,

Vin

2 years 1 month ago #80251

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Please be so kind and place the log in some cloud drive and share the link.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vin
2 years 1 month ago #80302

• Thank you received: 3
Thanks Wolfgang, the log file should be at the end of this link:

www.dropbox.com/s/fyrix1yodd3q3g2/log_19-09-11.txt?dl=0

You'll see that the log file starts for a 31 Jan session and then suddenly becomes a 4 Feb session. Not sure why it didn't start a new log file for the Feb session. The first successful flip & continuation happens around 2140-2150ish. The flip that happened but then imaging didn't continue is around 0226.

There was a scheduler job that should have begun anyway at 0230 if I remember correctly & that didn't start.

Thanks in advance for any insights!
2 years 1 month ago #80336

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds