INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Adjusting Align Module to improve Finding Stars

• Thank you received: 7
Due to atmospheric conditions or thermal conditions sometimes best focus has a fairly large HFR. This is also aggravated by the small 3.6 um pixels in my camera. This cause the align module to not detect any stars. How can I adjust the detection parameters so I can align. It is not possible to bin 2x2 since this is a DSLR.

Here is an example where the HFR is 6.1 pixels and the alignment fails.

Thanks

Kurt
2 years 1 month ago #80389
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
Kurt,

I'd have to guess that the star detection in alignment is failing, because of some max-star-size parameter, or something like that.
You can pick different profiles for StellarSolver in alignment, and adjust the parameters in those profiles if you want.
Here's a screenshot of what I get when clicking Options... on the bottom right of the Align tab.

You can switch that "1-Default" to other profiles, and within each profile you can click the edit button (little pencil to the right) to edit the parameters.
It seems that the profiles in Align are named re their alignment properties, but if you look at the profiles in focus
(found in the process sub-tab) you can get an idea of what might work for big stars.
Hy
2 years 1 month ago #80393
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 7
Thanks Hy. That was very helpful and I was able to get it working better.

Kurt
2 years 1 month ago #80398

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds