INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Making flat: debayered or not?

• Thank you received: 1
I have a 294MC and so far I had the automatic debayering disabled and I could make flats with automated flat function in Ekos setting 31000 ADU and 4 second automatic duration with a dimmable led panel.

Yesterday I enabled the automatic debayering for seeing color images in preview but when I started making flats, with always 31000 ADU as target, the exposure time ramped up to over 15 seconds and whas yet to 15000 and I stopped it.

Now my question: what is the correct way of taking flats? I suppose to have debayer disabled and have 4 sec flats
2 years 1 month ago #80839

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
You are still capturing RAW images, debayering does not have affect on the captured images. The previous way you were doing it is correct.
But it seems that there is a bug in Ekos for the automatic flat capture function. Next time I will capture flats I will try the second approach (i have the same camera as you)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valerio
2 years 1 month ago #80841

• Thank you received: 1
Ok, let me know, I'm curious! It also happens that if I use the automatic dark flat generator after the flat shooting the dark flat shooting fails after the 5th retry, so I have to delete the dark flat sequence and manually add a dark sequence with leght determined by flat: does this happen only to me?
2 years 1 month ago #80842

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds