INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Announcing StellarSolver 2.0

• Thank you received: 12
After installation, Kstars cannot be started.

Error message:
kstars: symbol lookup error: kstars: undefined symbol: _ZN7SSolver10Parameters14convertFromMapE4QMapI7QString8QVariantE

I tried ...
sudo apt purge indi-full gsc kstars-bleeding
sudo apt autoremove

Problem not solved :-(

kstars-bleeding 6:3.5.8

Any idea please?

Thanks

Tomas
1 year 10 months ago #82849

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
Hi Rob,

I've been playing with some images and Stellarsolve test program and there is a thing that I can't understand. I've used the attached image. As you can see red/blue channels are complete different (red focused, blue out of focus), but when I use SEP w/HFR or External SExtractor w/HFR I get the same value for the HFR for each star on both channels. I expected very different results when I select red or blue channel and this is not the case. What I'm doing wrong? Because if Stellarsolve can't see any difference on HFR, the focuser algorithm will be unable to use those different channels to improve the focus point.

File Attachment:

File Name: M_51_Light...fits.zip
File Size:12,806 KB
1 year 10 months ago #82878
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 809
So the image you attached is not an RGB fits image. It is monochromatic. There are two data axes. Did you attach the wrong image or maybe merge the channels into one channel before attaching it here? Or maybe it is a bayered image and it has not been debayered?
1 year 10 months ago #82882

I suspect it is a bayered image because I just tried debayering it using pixinsight and then opening it in StellarSolver and it looks ok and works as expected.
1 year 10 months ago #82883

Tomas, are you using the INDI PPA? if so, then that should be automatically updated, have the latest kstars, INDI, and stellarsolver, unless there is some sort of issue? Are you using nightly or stable?
1 year 10 months ago #82884

• Thank you received: 133
Hi Rob,

just compiling kstars against the new colorChannels version :)
I wonder if there's a config file for the library that selects the default handling. Or is that fixed at compile time?
1 year 10 months ago #82886

No, the color channel will be a setting that the client application will need to select. It won’t be selectable in kstars until kstars can be changed to use the feature. That being said, the default behavior should actually fix the original problem that led me to make the change which was that it would be desirable for a one shot color camera to focus on the green channel not the red. Also the green channel will be more desirable on many one shot color cameras for star extraction and solving since there are twice as many green pixels as the others.
1 year 10 months ago #82888

• Thank you received: 133
Hi Rob,

thanks for the explanation. Yes, I've switched to that branch to test it with my ASI183MC - I have it attached to a Canon FD lens, and first test gave me some star bloat. I hope that I get some improvement of the AF routine there with the new default, but also wanted to test it comparing green with all-channel average.

But then I'll (of course) patiently wait until the handles will show up in KStars :D
1 year 10 months ago #82889

Yes, but before we can get there, I have to perfect this in the branch and get everything working well before it can be pushed into the main branch. We can't change KStars until this is complete. There are still a couple of issues I identified that I want to work out first.
1 year 10 months ago #82890

• Thank you received: 41
Yes, now I see... I've used a FITS directly extracted from a OSC camera, that's a mono one with the bayer pattern on it. The use case is first, debayering this image, and the pass the RGB image to stellarsolve. Understood. Now I'm able to see the differences clearly.And you have implemented average RGB and integrated RGB. Wow, thank you very much Rob, now the support for OSC will be top notch. Currently I'm getting segmentation faults with both modes, but it looks very promising
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Rafa Barberá.
1 year 10 months ago #82892

• Thank you received: 12
Hi Rob,
I use a stable PPA. I did a new clean install of Linux ;-)

Tomas
1 year 10 months ago #82897

Just to clarify, you are using Jasem's Stable INDI PPA to install KStars, INDI, StellarSolver etc?

launchpad.net/~mutlaqja/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

If so, I can let him know you had an issue.
1 year 10 months ago #82907

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds