INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

"Abort if guiding deviation >" behavior changed?

• Thank you received: 102
I seem to remember that if you checked the "Abort if guiding deviation > xxx arcsecs" checkbox, it would abort the current capture and try again. Now it seems to abort the entire sequence and moves on to the next filter. Actually it's worse than that. I was capturing Red. It aborted, skipped Green, then went onto Blue.

Am I remembering incorrectly, or has this changed?

2 years 3 weeks ago #81132

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
This bug should be fixed meanwhile, I would say at least in 3.5.7.

whixh version are you using?
2 years 3 weeks ago #81143

• Thank you received: 155
Not fixed. I have the latest stable version 3.5.7 and it still pops up. I have been only able to run one filter at a time. If I have a sequence with more than one filter, it will jump to the last filter after a guide deviation. But even with just one filter we get a crazy amount of errors that read "No pending jobs found".  This was report by another user, but not a peep from anyone about why this is happening.

Not fixed. I have the latest stable version 3.5.7 and it still pops up. I have been only able to run one filter at a time. If I have a sequence with more than one filter, it will jump to the last filter after a guide deviation. But even with just one filter we get a crazy amount of errors that read "No pending jobs found".  This was report by another user, but not a peep from anyone about why this is happening.

2 years 3 weeks ago #81145
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 160
During my most recent session (git-pulled kstars and indi)  I noticed another problem with this setting. I witnessed several occasions where actual guiding deviation was greater than the limit but the frame was not aborted. The "bad guiding spots" were clearly visible in the drift plot, too. I aborted the frames manually and started over again. On other occasions during the same night though the frames WERE aborted as expected when guiding became too bad. Since it was a production run, logging was disabled.
2 years 3 weeks ago #81166

@Peter: please post your logs for further assistance.
2 years 3 weeks ago #81172

2 years 2 weeks ago #81197

I didn’t post logs because this issue was brought up by another user recently, and he did post them. I also posted a subset of my log to confirm it - on the original post.
2 years 2 weeks ago #81229

Folks, any hints how to reproduce this behavior with INDI simulators? I can confirm, I saw the problem during a capture session. But I cannot reproduce it in a simulation environment, which is necessary to fix the bug.
2 years 2 weeks ago #81246

It's so frustrating.  I can no longer set up a sequence and let it run unattended.  I have to set up one filter at a time, and stay up at night to wait fir one filter to complete, and then add a new one.  EKOS is now unable to run any sequence with multiple filter changes, as it aborts them after any guiding deviation suspension - which happens all the time when auto focusing.

It makes running Kstars in a remote observatory almost useless.  

2 years 2 weeks ago #81252

• Thank you received: 31
Only a partial fix at best, but can you disable guiding while focusing? Or does that lead to guide deviation messages anyway once guiding resumes and the guider tries to bring the guide star back to its original position?

(aside - I appreciate the reason to auto-set guide-while-focus to off if the guide scope = main scope and on otherwise, but I think it was a mistake to take away the option to change the setting manually)
2 years 2 weeks ago #81254

• Thank you received: 160
"disable guiding while focusing?" doesn't work anyway right now. Even with the option activated guiding won't stop during focusing. At least this was my experience recently. I reported this here  indilib.org/forum/skycharts/11372-kstars...s-missing.html#80923
2 years 2 weeks ago #81295

I downloaded a copy of 3.5.8 (Build: 2022-03-11T17:25:34Z) and this issue of "No pending jobs found" is still there.

To date - I have-not seen anyone address this issue?
2 years 3 days ago #81699
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds