INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Framing assistant in Ekos?

• Thank you received: 33
I am trying to work out how the Rotator can be used in Ekos to help frame an object. I can see that that Stellarmate app talks about a framing assistant and I have read the documentation on Rotator. But its not clear to me how would one go about it in regular Ekos? Short of knowing the exact angle to rotate the rotator, is there a visual way (similar to Mosaic) where I can see the effect and frame the object? Any tips would help.

Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
2 years 1 month ago #81211

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yes, in Ekos capture, click Rotator button and you'd get an interface where you can change the Position-Angle (PA) and see the changes in the sky map.
2 years 1 month ago #81212

• Thank you received: 33
Is there a way to rotate the view in skymap so you can visually see the effect and the rotator then knows what angle to change to?
That would be a good feature to help frame (if not already there)
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by AstroMuni.
2 years 1 month ago #81213

No directly from sky map, use Ekos rotator to see the changes in the sky map.
2 years 1 month ago #81215

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds