INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars MacOS beta for 3.5.8

• Thank you received: 809
Hi Peter,

The Meridian Flip/No Target bug was actually addressed by Jasem pretty recently (yesterday I think).  The nightly builds only happen once a day, so it is possible that the next time it builds the error will be gone.  Check it out tomorrow.  Also note, I just moved some build code from the craft recipe into cmakelists.txt. It works fine on my computer, but I will have to wait until the nightly build tomorrow to find out if it works on the KDE Binary Server.  So if that doesn't work you might have to wait another day to see if the Meridian Flip bug is fixed.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Kennett
2 years 2 weeks ago #81407

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 33
OK Peter, Rob gave the answer !
2 years 2 weeks ago #81416

Looks like we will have to wait at least one more day, I forgot the prefix path in one of my copy commands.  It is now updated so hopefully it will work tomorrow.   Crossing my fingers.
2 years 2 weeks ago #81430

• Thank you received: 276

Replied by John on topic KStars MacOS beta for 3.5.8

Hi Rob,

Great work on getting nightly builds working. I'm on MacOS 11.6 (BigSur) and I tried the most recent nightly build. I run INDI on a RPi and Kstars on my Mac.
- It fired up fine and loads my saved config fine.
- It connected to all my equipment as expected (2 ZWO cameras, ZWO EAF, ZWO EFW, EQmod Mount, Pegasus PPBA).
- EKOS polar alignment worked as expected.
- Slewing the scope from Kstars worked as expected (as did Kstars itself).
- Internal guider calibration and guiding worked. I did notice, however, that the guide S/N would regularly drop to zero before returning to its previous value. There was no obvious reason for this (no clouds, dew, etc.). I see others have mentioned this on the forum with 3.5.7 so its probably not specifically 3.5.8 (my guess). I haven't noticed this myself with 3.5.7 though. I'll include a screenshot from Analyse where this is very obvious.
- Focusing (Linear Model) worked as expected.
- I setup a sequence on M101 and scheduled it.
- I watched the schedule for a couple of hours and everything worked as expected.
- The schedule continued for a few hours before capture ran into some problems (could have been cloud, not sure). Looks like guiding was also having problems so maybe the sequence was aborted and restarted as it looks like Focus then got into a loop where it tried every 3 mins or so and failed each time. After 3+ hours of focus fails, Kstars crashed. I didn't have logging on as I find this causes me more crashes than when its off, so no more info I'm afraid.
- Took flats this morning. All worked as expected.

I haven't seen repeated Focus fails like this before so maybe its a scheduler change to restart slightly differently from 3.5.7 and maybe cloud was causing the problem? So generally most things worked as expected and the problems may not be specific to 3.5.8

I would like to build 3.5.8 myself. In the past I've got  github.com/rlancaste/kstars-on-osx-craft  working but when I just tried again I'm getting errors. Before I invest effort in getting this working is this still the way to go (I see you've been putting lots of effort into infrastructure work like StellarSolver so I'm wondering if this will have affected the build process)?

Once again, thanks for all the work you're doing!

2 years 1 week ago #81445
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 155
Rob, has the updated KStars ready to upload yet?  I'm eager to see if the "No Target" bug has been corrected.  Thanks!

2 years 1 week ago #81509

Finally today I managed to get it to build again on KDE Binary Factory. We have daily builds again! Sorry about the issues for the last 9 days, for some reason, the server was finding the program "Ghostscript" instead of the "Guide Star Catalog" program. Apparently they had the same name, so I found another way to copy it into the app bundle. The issue didn't happen on my computer, but the Craft binary server is a different computer so who knows what all they have installed. The reason it took so long to resolve is because the server only builds once a day and I had to make a change and then wait to see if it worked. Finally it is working again and hopefully it will keep working now.

binary-factory.kde.org/view/MacOS/job/KStars_Nightly_macos/
2 years 1 week ago #81596

• Thank you received: 69
Hi Rob,
When I download it (e.g. kstars-master-1471-macos-64-clang.dmg) and install it, KStars reports Build: 2022-03-20T17:24:30Z 3.5.8 Stable.
The "Stable" part confuses me in that for a nightly compile I was expecting "bleeding edge" or something other than stable.
What is the nomenclature for these compiles?

Thanks!
2 years 1 week ago #81606

Hi Jerry,

The reason for that is because it is a fully automated build and was compiled from the latest git master, so whatever is the latest information in the repository gets into the build of KStars. Jasem hadn't yet changed the number on it to 3.5.9 beta, so that is what it says for now. Once he changes it, the next day's build will say the new number and beta. To me it looks like he changed it today:

github.com/KDE/kstars/commit/6120f09425b...95f777a3e07142d5de2b

So hopefully tomorrow that number will change.

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 1 week ago #81624

• Thank you received: 276

Replied by John on topic KStars MacOS beta for 3.5.8

Hi Rob,

Is "github.com/rlancaste/kstars-on-osx-craft" still the way to go to build Kstars on Mac myself?

The reason I ask is that I've got it working in the past but got some errors last week when I tried again so I'm wondering if this repo is upto date with the 3.5.8 code base?
2 years 6 days ago #81637

Yes, that is the right way to go. At this point craft can almost do it all with out my script, but there are still some useful things my script does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
2 years 6 days ago #81645

• Thank you received: 155
I downloaded a copy of 3.5.8 (Build: 2022-03-11T17:25:34Z) and the issue of "No pending jobs found" is still there.

indilib.org/forum/ekos/11405-abort-if-gu...ehavior-changed.html

So as of now, I am still unable to set up a sequence of multiple filters, as this bug ends the sequences as soon as the guide deviation suspends the guider. Even after the guiding resumes, all the remaining image capture sequences in the queue are aborted (as reported above).
2 years 4 days ago #81698
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 223
hello Rob,Just installed 3.5.8
it's only a small thing but I do like the simplicity of the new installer window.
1 year 10 months ago #83088
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds