INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars-Bleeding 3.5.8 Stable now crashing with Simulators

• Thank you received: 2
I Had a problem with KStars crashing with Simulators which was solved by installing the nightly build 3.5.8 beta. I got a notification that 3.5.8 Stable had been released so I attempted to install the Stable release instead of the Beta think this would be a good thing. However, The Stable release repository download was actually 3.5.7 which was causing the crash so I went to the nightly build repository again and when I installed KStars-blueing, the 3.5.8 Stable release installed BUT, now it crashes again with the Telescope and CCD Simulators. ????? What to do????
2 years 1 month ago #81552

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For Clarification: Interestingly, the crash does NOT occur when running the 3.5.8 Stable release in Linux Mint native on my Thinkpad. The above crash occurs when I load the Sim profile. It contains the Telescope Simulator and CCD and Guide simulators and my Sharpstar scope and ZWO guidescope entries. This is the same setup that I have tried in the native LInux setup vs. the Virtualbox Linux install - but the crash did NOT occur on the Virtualbox install with the prior 3.5.8 beta nightly installation (but did occur with the 3.5.7 stable install) so I am now obviously angry with myself that I 'updated' to the Stable release from the beta.
No sure what to do at this point. I wanted to run KStars in LInux because I wanted to connect my devices directly to the laptop rather than having to use Stellarmate version and the WIndows version cannot run Indi and I wanted to also run Sharpcap without having to reboot to Windows from Linux. My current work-around was to use Virtualbox in Linux, load Windows into Virtualbox and then install Sharpcap into my Windows inside Virtualbox but having the ability to run KStars in Linux inside VIrtualbox would still be nice. Any suggestions are appreciated!
2 years 1 month ago #81553

• Thank you received: 5
I just updated to KStars 3.5.8 Stable on my RockPi running Armbian.

Just wanted to try it out using the simulators before going out live tonight but it crashes when I try to use Stellarsolver

and just goes into a loop if I use a remote solver.

I am guessing but it sounds like the same issue. Kstars 3.5.8 beta was working fine.

Will give it a go tonight using the actual mount and cameras.
2 years 1 month ago #81554

Apparently it is a stellarsolver mismatch. The PPA apparently did not have the correct version (2.2) which caused issues. The newest PPA now works.
Suggest purging KStars completely and then reinstalling to make sure correct stellarsolver is being used.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Thompson
2 years 1 month ago #81572

• Thank you received: 5
I did a full install of StellarSolver2 and it fixed the problem of crashing when using trying to align using the simulators.

I still cant get the internal guiding to work using simulators but will try again when live tonight. Failing that I will go back to phd2.
2 years 4 weeks ago #81586

• Thank you received: 565
FWIW, a common issue with running guiders with the simulator is accidentally leaving the simulated system pointing at the pole. Guiding just doesn't work pointed there. If this was indeed the case, slew the simulated telescope somewhere else and try again.

Hy
2 years 4 weeks ago #81625

• Thank you received: 812
I made that mistake before :-)
2 years 4 weeks ago #81626

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds