INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos crash on polar alignment refresh routine

• Thank you received: 0
I tried KStars 3.5.7, 3.5.8 and 3.5.9 beta. When I start the refresh routine for the polar alignment, after rotation, KStars keeps crashing. The log says "Restarting capture attempt #..." for many times before crash.

Before version 3.5.7 there was any issue and all worked like a charm.

The guider is an "OpenAstroGuider" (IMX290) on a AZ-GTi mount.

Any help would be appreciated!!! Thank you!

Last edit: 2 years 3 days ago by Stelios Lafazanis.
2 years 3 days ago #81744
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
I recommend turning on the Alignment logging to see what is going wrong. I suspect it isn't detecting the stars you want, but can't be sure without more information
2 years 3 days ago #81745

Restarting capture means it failed to capture from the web cam. Maybe decrease refresh rate to 0.5 seconds, or toggle mean stacking the the V4L2 driver.
2 years 3 days ago #81750

I toggle mean stacking and nothing. I set it to 0,5 sec refresh rate and automatically sets to 1 sec. It automatically change the exposure to 1 sec, even if i change it and this is the error log.

Last edit: 2 years 2 days ago by Stelios Lafazanis.
2 years 2 days ago #81762
Attachments:

I can't figure out how to fix it. I reinstalled ubuntu and today I will try ubuntu mate... Any help please?
1 year 11 months ago #82092

• Thank you received: 16
I've been searching through the forum looking for the polar alignment issue that I had last night (not easy with a limit of 20 results). In any case, I had an issue with the polar alignment refresh last night that seems similar to the one reported here. Although I did not get any crashes, I did have problems with the FITS Viewer refresh during polar alignment.

The main issue seemed to be that the FITS viewer would not refresh. I went through the PA tool multiple times, I'd get to the PA result, toggle to the full screen FITS Viewer, select a star, Alt-Tab back to the PA tool, click Next then click refresh and although the "Image #" was incrementing every second the FITS viewer was not refreshing the image. Hard to do the alignment without the refresh.

I had used the PA tool the night before without issue so I was trying figure out what I changed to break it. Ultimately it seemed to be related to using dark images. The previous evening I did not used Dark images and earlier in the day I had created a set of new dark images using the Dark Library tool. So, I had enabled the dark check box on the Align tool. As soon as I unchecked the Dark box the FITS Viewer refresh started working again.

Another note, it seems that the KStars 3.5.8 version now has a minimum refresh of 1.0 second. I'm pretty sure I used to use 0.5 seconds with Update PA Error on.

I'm using KStars 3.5.8 on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS. Guide camera is QHYCCD QHY5 III 178C.
1 year 10 months ago #82661

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds