INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos records blank images from SVBONY SV305 Pro Camera

• Thank you received: 5
Ekos is all of a sudden recording zero data off my SVBONY SV305 Pro camera. It was working fine before, but now it collects no data. I creates FITS files, but there's nothing on them. I switch over to AstroDMX (not running concurrently) and it can record data and give me a preview, which Ekos no longer does as well. It doesn't matter how high a gain or how long an exposure time, it just records blank files. The INDI control panel shows the camera connected,everything seemingly fine.

I decided to run an Astroberry update in hopes that would help, but it did not change. I'm at a loss as to why this is all of a sudden happening, as it was running just fine. I've not made any changes to the system in any other way. As I said, it works in AstroDMX, as well as with apps on my Windows ASCOM setup.

Any clues?
Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Phil.
1 year 10 months ago #82793

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
Hi

I’m having the same problem with an sv305 camera which was working quite happily a few weeks ago.

Last night I found that switching the indi driver to raw8 and then back to raw12 got the camera working.

I also use astrodmx which I’ve been using when trying to focus and see if the camera works. The display I get at night seems to be very noisy with lots of what appears a bit like interference though I can see the stars when they come into focus in the background.

Not sure if there’s some interaction with astrodmx or the latest sdk or some other update (as I tend to update frequently) but it’s quite frustrating to put it mildly. At least given you appear to have the same problem there’s no need for me to bin the camera… every cloud.. :)

Regards

Nigel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil
1 year 10 months ago #82799

• Thank you received: 5
Wow, that worked! Thanks! I thought I was going to have to use my ASCOM setup to shoot with this camera. I hate having to deal with the ASCOM setup.

I hope it doesn't do that again, but if it does, I hope this fixes it again.

Begs the question tho, why is it happening in the first place? I had brought the camera into the Windows ASCOM machine, where i had installed new drivers for the camera and for ASCOM, and I wonder if the new SVBONY driver(s) updates the firmware in the camera somehow. There's no mention of that in their info tho, so I would suspect not, but you never know.

BYW, I contacted them about back focus information, as surprisingly there is none in the docs. With the C mount adapter attached (which I use to screw the camera to the scope and bypass the 1.25 mount, which can skew the sensor off-axis), the total back focus is 17.5mm. FYI.

Thanks again. I'm so happy I don't have to rig this camera up to my ASCOM system!
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
1 year 10 months ago #82802

• Thank you received: 3
I am having the same issue with my SV305 Pro, as well.

I will try toggling between raw 8 and raw 12 to see if that works.

AstroDMX works fine, for me.
1 year 10 months ago #82860

• Thank you received: 3
Toggling between the RAW 8 and RAW 12 modes worked for me, too.
1 year 10 months ago #83166

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds