INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mac Beta 3.5.9, please test

• Thank you received: 812
Hey Mac Users,

Please test this latest Mac DMG as soon as possible. We are planning to do a release very shortly and want to be sure there are no issues with the build.

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.5.9-beta.dmg

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Gonzothegreat, nMAC, Euripides, Osvaldo Paez, R Dan Nafe
1 year 10 months ago #83096

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41
No crash detected running on simulators. Autofocus and solver works with simulator cameras. New scheduler and mosaic helper are working (macOS 12.4 Monterrey)
The following user(s) said Thank You: R Dan Nafe
1 year 10 months ago #83107

I can't open the Mosaic tool, the button is there but it is not clickable.

I've just updated the from 3.5.8 and trying simulators. Am I missing something crucial here that I'm not seeing it?

Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Euripides.
1 year 10 months ago #83110
Attachments:

Nice catch, I notified Jasem and he said he will fix it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Euripides
1 year 10 months ago #83121

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Gonzothegreat, R Dan Nafe
1 year 10 months ago #83123

hehehe good catch, I opened it from KStars directly and it worked ;)
1 year 10 months ago #83140

• Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic Mac Beta 3.5.9, please test

Hi all,
I tried to download the beta2 but it's not available "404 View not found [name, type, prefix]: category, dmg, contentView".
So.... 2h ago I got the daily build 1541, and started a session. Does this build serve for the testing? I hope so.
As for now I only had an issue, I had to clear the DSLR Settings as the capture was retrieving a 3008x2008 resolution instead of 4016x3016 (Nikon D5500).
No crashes and all worked fine, connect, capture and solve, goto, calibration, guiding, capturing, aside from the initial issue, no problems at all until now.
Even autofocus, seems the algorithm is finally corrected? Does it, was it included in the build?
At least it choose the correct focus solution this time, the first one. It did a perfect curve.
Only a side note: I don't use the scheduler, and didn't test it, so can't report on it,

Regards
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by nMAC.
1 year 10 months ago #83187

Probably cause the stable 3.5.9 version is already out edu.kde.org/kstars/, so there is no need for that.
1 year 10 months ago #83188

• Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic Mac Beta 3.5.9, please test

Hi, I didn't notice that there was already a 3.5.9 stable for mac. I already had all my linux machines updated
with that version but for some reason the focus didn't work as expected, it followed the previous behaviour.
That's why I asked if it was included on the new dmg. Thanks.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by nMAC.
1 year 10 months ago #83193

I think what happened is that the “beta2” build that I did and posted the link to here was moved by Jasem to the download location after I reported to him that it was good to go and the link still pointed to the old location. You can get the same build in the official download link for KStars now. Sorry about the confusion. Thanks for testing!

The stable build on the kde binary server should be very similar except that it will not include the documentation that I include when I build it . Obviously the nightly build will deviate as we get further away from the release date, but the stable build should be almost the same except for the missing documentation. That being said, the main reason that I post a beta is to make sure that the build that I made for release went ok and isn’t missing anything critical or have any incorrect links or anything and testing the one from the binary server, while it is always helpful to test and give feedback, won’t test my actual build of KStars.

Thanks for the help though and sorry about moving the file and breaking the link
The following user(s) said Thank You: nMAC, R Dan Nafe
1 year 10 months ago #83197

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds