INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Tracking restart fails after successful flip

• Thank you received: 6
Hi!
I am new to the forum and want to thank you all for the great hard work!
I have been configuring my Celestron CGEM with Ekos in KStars 3.5.9 and latest Indilib. Running on Kubuntu 20.04LTS.
Everything perfect except one thing, and I suspect I might be missing something:
I have set my HA limit at 0.67 hours, matching the 10 degrees limit set in RA on the CGEM Hand Controller.
Meridian flip is set at +5 degrees HA, so half that (20 minutes of margin). The Flip triggers correctly and happens succesfully, but after the flip, tracking is not restarted, because of error telescope hour angle is more than the maximum hour angle of 0.67, even though the mount is reporting the correct side of the pier, so this error should not trigger.
Am I missing something?

As a side note, I was curious to ask if there is an option to set the flip behavior to aborting current exposure instead of waiting for it to finish. That would allow me to set a lower gap between limits and Flip.
Thanks for your time!
1 year 10 months ago #83387

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Hi Marco,
it would be great if you could post your logs. I'm not so sure, but it might simply be that the limits are causing your trouble due to a bug. To be honest, since I had problems with these limits a while ago I do not use them any more. No idea whether it has been fixed since.
Cheers
Wolfgang
1 year 9 months ago #83866

• Thank you received: 6
Hi!
I will try it again soon. I have found a suitable configuration without using that limit for now. As soon as I can test, will post logs!
1 year 9 months ago #83874

Open console and type in this:
 v4l2-ctl -V --list-devices

What do you get?
1 year 9 months ago #83876

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds