INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to set default filter, or assume filter is set with manual filter wheel?

• Thank you received: 25
So I had a sequence set up for last night and lost a couple of hours of imaging time since the sequencer was waiting for me to confirm that the filter was properly set. I don't actually have a manual filter wheel but it's convenient to use the manual filter wheel to say "in my optics bag I have UVIR, Neodymium, UHC, CLS, LPro, LXtreme ... and until further notice I'm using the ... LPro". Then all of my file names and metadata correctly indicate what filter I'm using.

It would be nice if the sequencer would confirm right away when I hit the start button; or the alignment and capture modules could confirm earlier that my manual filter is correctly set. Perhaps they could be set to time out after a configurable interval and trust that I have my optics set up as desired.
1 year 9 months ago #83663

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Hi,

to avoid Ekos asking you confirmation, best route is, in INDI control panel, "Manual Fiter" tab:

1 - set your filter
2 - press button "Filter is set"

Provided that in your sequences, the filter is the same you set at point 1, you'll not be asked for confirmation anymore.

Hope this helps
Matteo
1 year 9 months ago #83681

• Thank you received: 25
That's not lazy enough. It works when I remember to confirm the filter selection, but I'd rather not lose imaging time because I forget to. There are other dialog boxes that are automatically dismissed after some time - I'd like the same to happen when the scheduler runs.

I additionally tried setting/saving it in my device profile as the default but that confirmation isn't preserved across an INDI restart (like every time kstars crashes).
1 year 9 months ago #83703

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds