INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dead lock after meridian flip

• Thank you received: 133
I just experienced a full halt of EKOS during capture, after the meridian flip:
I'm running from the capture tab, so without scheduler. I have several sequences for my filters defined that get sequentially executed. Today it happened that the MF was executed after the last frame of a sequence. The capture had already proceeded to the next sequence, telling me
2022-06-27T00:27:43 Job requires 120.000-second B images, has 0/46 frames captured and will be processed.
And there it sat and did nothing anymore. The flip slew finished, nothing happened anymore.

What I think was the reason is that I use the guide limit for start, so I think it was waiting for a uide deviation from the guider. But guiding of course was stopped due to the MF. Bad luck... but maybe there's a way to catch that?

I aborted the capture, did the alignment manually, and also an AF as the filter had changed. Then I continued - only to find that now it properly continued the MF process by doing the alignment (again) and (re)starting the guiding.
I assume it would also have done the focusing, triggered by filter change. But as I had already changed the filter that wasn't needed.
Glad that happened while I was still awake and watching :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
1 year 9 months ago #83851

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Uh, happened again last night. What's the probability for that?
Guess I should start playing lottery or something :-P
1 year 8 months ago #84740

• Thank you received: 41
I've experienced a similar situation last night. After the mount (HEQ5) finished the meridian flip, I tried to recenter the target objetc, but I was not performing gotos on the align module. Well, in fact it was performing gotos but only 3 or 5 arcsec at time (I've a big cone error and after the flip, my target was off but about 1/2deg). I interrupted the schedule, manually go to a distant object on the same side of the meridian and restarted the scheduler. It continued until the end of the night.
1 year 7 months ago #84772

Also annoying, but most likely a different issue. In my case, everything is just sitting and waiting, doing absolutely nothing. As I wrote in the first post, it had finished one set of the capture sequence, ready to go to the next, which it actually had loaded already, when the MF took over. That sequence would have triggered all actions like post-MF-align, filter change, and focus run. But for that sequence to start, the guide limit I had in place needed to be satisfied, which is impossible, because guiding is stopped due to MF.

In your case it was still trying to do something. Still curious what might cause gotos to do only few-arcsec steps.....
1 year 7 months ago #84773

Ah, I just noticed Wolfgang had submitted a fix for this 4 days ago. Thank You! :silly:
Will compile and try to test ASAP...
1 year 7 months ago #84778

• Thank you received: 370
This problem should be fixed now. At the end it was a regression from a refactoring a while ago which slipped through the test cases. So either compile the lastest master or wait a couple of days for the next release to come.

Cheers
Wolfgang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred, Peter Sütterlin
1 year 7 months ago #84791

Time to create page: 0.557 seconds